Forums

Harold Ramis

•  

Post your favorite quotes

• 688 points

Gonna be missed. Didn't know he was directing/behind some of the great comedy movies made. From seeing the movies, he had a great sense of humor and knew how to push the envelope.  

•  

Animal House, Caddyshack,  Vacation, Stripes, Ghostbusters, Groundhog Day....I can't figure out my favorite movie. RIP to one of the true funnymen in the world in front of and behind the camera.

• 1370 points

"Well, let's say this Twinkie represents the normal amount of pyschokinetic energy in the New York area.  Based on this morning's sample it would be a Twinkie 35 feet long, weighing approximately six hundred pounds."

"That's a big Twinkie."

• 4617 points

harold-ramis-quote-meme-DONT-CROSS-STREAMS

•  

"Big hitter, the Lama...."

What this guy could do, both in front of and behind the camera was incredible. Can you just imagine being in a room watching Ramis, Belushi, Chase, Akroyd, and Murray simply talking to one another. It would be magical and epic. He came from a generation that will be hard to replicate in comedy.  

•  

bholley
    Post your favorite quotes

"I never work just to work. It's some combination of laziness and self-respect".

He brought real humor into films........Caddyshack, best golf movie ever........

• 3688 points

Definitely going to be missed.

Favorite movie quotes.  We all know the many caddyshack ones (and they're repeated on every golf trip).  Ghostbusters quotes are always fun.

Dr. Egon Spengler: There's something very important I forgot to tell you.

Dr. Peter Venkman: What?

Dr. Egon Spengler: Don't cross the streams.

Dr. Peter Venkman: Why?

Dr. Egon Spengler: It would be bad.

Dr. Peter Venkman: I'm fuzzy on the whole good/bad thing. What do you mean, "bad"?

Dr. Egon Spengler: Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.

Dr Ray Stantz: Total protonic reversal.

Dr. Peter Venkman: Right. That's bad. Okay. All right. Important safety tip. Thanks, Egon.

• 1370 points

"It occurs to me that we've never had a successful field test of this equipment."

"I blame myself"

"So do I'"

"Well, no sense worrying about it now."

"Why worry  Each of us is carrying an unlicensed nuclear accelerator on his back."

• 1146 points

Dr. Peter Venkman: We came, we saw, we kicked its ***.

• 2420 points

" Ty what did you shoot today ? Oh I don't keep score Judge .  Well then Ty how to compare yourself to other golfers ?

By height Judge............. RIP  a very funny man.

• 611 points

"Let's go while we're young!"  adopted by PGA slow play initiative no less!!!  

• 3293 points

Loved Stripes!