Forums

PLAYER OF THE YEAR

•  

Who is going to be player of the year? Two players stand out. Kenny Perry and Steve Stricker. Any others?

•  

Tiger is in the mix due to winning 5 or 6 times.  Stricker has been GREAT in playoffs.  He has something like 3600 points in first 2 events and next closes is 2300.  Tiger has 1200 or so in the events.

That said, if one of the Major Champions from this year wins FED EX CUP, then I think they win player of the year.  FED EX CUP and Major is more than Tigers 5/6 wins.

Perry had a great year last year, but nothing special this year.  Left had a better year and he took off most of hit.  He has won twice with one being WGCA event.

•  

if stricker can win another leg of the playoffs i believe it goes to him regardless of anything tiger does, but if he doesn't win at cog hill or atlanta and tiger takes even 1 of the 2 it will probably go to tiger.

• 4775 points

Until the FedEx Cup is decided it's a tough call.  If one of the front runners winds up with the cup then the decision will be easy.

•  

With so many victories I believe Tiger will win UNLESS someone (Stricker) can win the FED EX Cup outright stealing it away from TW.

I'd like to see someone other than TW win.

For me, I'd love to see either Kenny Perry or Steve Stricker win just cause their deserving and have been having a pretty good season.

•  

jas904

Until the FedEx Cup is decided it's a tough call.  If one of the front runners winds up with the cup then the decision will be easy.

+1

•  

If Stricker wins the FedExCup, he should get it.  If anyone else wins (Tiger or not) Tiger will win.  Tiger's year with all the wins has been good enough, that only Stricker is close for me, and winning the FedEx would get Strick to the top.

•  

Agree with you 100% Welch...also a premature congrats as you near Ambassadorship...

•  

Hey Welch, it looks as though you may be an Ambassador when you get this. 40 points is a walk in the park. I'll say congrats now in case I miss it when it comes up. Nice going.

• 4131 points

Welch222
    If Stricker wins the FedExCup, he should get it.  If anyone else wins (Tiger or not) Tiger will win.  Tiger's year with all the wins has been good enough, that only Stricker is close for me, and winning the FedEx would get Strick to the top.

Good call. Are you available to go to Vegas?

•  

Tw is the Man!

Let the haters chew if that,,,,, TW in da house!

• 1362 points

Well deserved by TW. Now lets see if he can change the trend of his Matchplay of late.