Forums

Question of the day

•  

I THINK RANDY HAS BEEN INTO TIMS FLASK THIS MORNING,,,,,,BUT, GOOD QUESTION.

SINCE I USE MY 7IRON FOR EVERYTHING EXCEPT PUTTING, I WOULD CHOOSE MY 7 IRON,

HMMM, MAYBE I SHOULD TRY PUTTING WITH IT,,,COULDN'T DO MUCH WORSE.

•  

Doug, you'd be a great 7 iron, but an even better US Open trophy - something to be admired and respected.

•  

Devin blocked mine but it had something to do with Blair O'neal.

•  

I knew this would bring all my friends out of the woodwork! Spectacular....

• 4180 points

Well done TH :)

•  

Hi Randy, you're probably right... I've never run across this in the FJC.  This is one of the coolest!

Anyway, what if I chose to be every type of a well maintained grass on a golf course... err. . .with the exclusion of the roughs, probably.  Only because, I'm not too excited about anyone's ball being in a tough to play rough, even though I know some may cherish the idea.

But, a tightly mowed bent grass on greens are so nice to putt on with a good speed to pair with its slope design.

Also, some, but a few courses that I have been on have fairways that are oh so much nicer than any ordinary, the way it's tightly mowed.  Green keepers can sometimes cut them to have the look effect of diamonds or checkerboard, or even stripes.

I've been told, preparation is everything in golf.  The nice color it has exhibits good health and a very playable running fairways with smooth rolling greens- man, that's a lot of preparation.  It only makes sense for it to be a special pairing for the times it took anyone to prepare the game they have, the attire chosen for the day, tuning the equipment, and everything else that anyone prepared for in golf to be with the nice grass on the course.

Nothing gives me more joy than to find a well maintained grass on a course.  But, if I could take it a step further, I wish I knew or I wish I was an agronomist working on a simple golf course so that many golfers would experience the same.

Thanks!

•  

fredcloss
    Doug, you'd be a great 7 iron, but an even better US Open trophy - something to be admired and respected.

WOW,,,THANKS FREDDY FOR THE VERY KIND WORDS.

•  

I think for me, I think I would be a 60 degree Vokey wedge.  This is by far the most versatile and important club in the bag.  You can make so many shots with these clubs.  These are the "scoring clubs" and who wouldn't want to me considered the one who scores the points?

• 4922 points

What an interesting question...I'm think i would be that trusty "go-to" wedge; always finding a way to score ;)

• 4814 points

ProV! Everyone should have one and use it on every stroke.

•  

Based on having to miss the FJAI last season after having the honor of being selected, I would have to say the cleat cleaner outside the clubhouse :)