Forums

Question of the day

•  

The Community allows lots of fun interaction and discussion on a wide variety of topics. In my time here since 2009 there isn't much ground we haven't covered. As I was reading a few posts this morning today, something popped into my head that I believe has never come in as a topic/question. Here goes....

If you were a golf product (any product) what would you want to be and why?

Me? I would pick a wedge because of it's versatility and wide range of uses. You can throw the ball high or low with it. You can spin the heck out of the ball, or knock it down as well. It has uses in the sand, rough, and around the green. It can also be bladed and used as a putter in certain instances. It's a very subtle tool, and one of those clubs that takes lots of practice to use well and get comfortable with.

How about you?

• 3700 points

If we're talking clubs I'd be the putter.  It's the club that earns people many many championships, and at the same time loses many more.  Very powerful piece of kit.

If we're talking apparel I have to go with a hat.   I like that it can be used to keep the sun off you, but also keep you dry if needed.  it's also good for a makeshift form of cooling (if you soak it).  And it can be used as a way to carry things if necessary.  Sort of a do everything.

•  

I'll have to think about my answer, but I can't wait to hear Bruce Holley's answer!  (assuming one slips past Devin.)

•  

Randy,

Great question.  I know my wife would select for me to be a ball, that way she can hit me all around course, left or right, and when she's had enough, I guess she would hit me into the pond on 18 and get herself a nice glass of wine and watch me sit on the bottom of the pond and chuckle.

I need a little more time to think of my own choice and why, but the above came into my head 1st.

-Brian

• 1478 points

Interesting question, had to think about it for a bit but I am going with the putter.   Although may take a lot of blame for a bad round, get cursed at, thrown and many other things.   It can also be (and usually is when hot) the best scoring club in your bag.  

•  

I guess I would be workhorse on the golf course, the golf bag.....I am the organizer for the round....I have a place for each of your clubs as well as enough golf balls, tees and accessories.....I carry around your rain and winter gear to ensure that you are well protected......I hold your food and liquid making sure that you stay hydrated and refreshed.......bug spray, sun screen. those funny little pencils, sharpies, towels, and what ever else you cannot live without on the golf course......the golf bag the one product you cannot live without....kinda pulls everything else together.......and I have never blamed my golf bag for a bad shot.....  :-)

•  

BostonBuzza
    Randy,

Great question.  I know my wife would select for me to be a ball, that way she can hit me all around course, left or right, and when she's had enough, I guess she would hit me into the pond on 18 and get herself a nice glass of wine and watch me sit on the bottom of the pond and chuckle.

I need a little more time to think of my own choice and why, but the above came into my head 1st.

-Brian

Love your answer, Brian.  Kind of hard to top that.  Oops, I guess you could top Brian as a ball.

•  

I think I would be a pair of DNA's, that way everyone would think how great I am. haha

•  

NCBob
    I think I would be a pair of DNA's, that way everyone would think how great I am. haha

We already think that Bob! Then we'd also think you're stylish and comfy too....

•  

I would be a flask.    Those of you that know me, know this.  Enough said

TT

•  

Does a tiara count as a golf product?

•  

Geeeze - Randy  - Did it snow in Cali?  

OK -  got that off of my chest -  Let me think.

GOT IT -  I'd be a golf bag -  could carry all the tools I need for my trade plus those extra items need for a grand Holley time!

•  

OUTIGER

I would be a flask.    Those of you that know me, know this.  Enough said

TT

You already are a flask...pick something else. haha

•  

I would be the pencil, best club in the bag. :)

• 304 points

I'd be a SC Putter.  Top of the line and showing up for game the most every day out!