Forums

Warning ........

• 2776 points

To the Phil the ground hog, If you come out and pronounce 6 more weeks of winter I promise to hunt you down and kill you and your family.

I have not been able to tee it up for 4 weeks now....enough is enough.

• 697 points

They were teeing up on the front nine at Riveroaks in Sandy Utah last weekend. Alas, we're expecting rain and snow for the next few days, which will close it down again for awhile. Several years ago, with a mild winter, we were gofing in December.

• 1869 points

4 weeks???  Thats it??   Its been a few months for me and I am going crazy.   Luckily getting to AZ for a weekend soon though.   But if you need any help hunting down Phil, let me know!

•  

tee2green
    To the Phil the ground hog, If you come out and pronounce 6 more weeks of winter I promise to hunt you down and kill you and your family.

I have not been able to tee it up for 4 weeks now....enough is enough.

It will be alright....temporary set back..... <1 of snow in Charleston today and all the bridges are closed along the coast because of ice....did play golf on Monday, 67 degrees.....shot a smooth 72 and won a skin......have a tee time for 1128 on Friday when, we hope the temp will be back up to 57 degrees.......just love living in the south....choices  :-)

• 5064 points

Here on the Cape, a distant relative of Viking Erik the Red , Theo the Blue,has made an apparance to rally the troops in defense of snow!!

• 2776 points

Those vikings really love the snow ......gets them out of school for a day on occasion.

•  

Hey, we had two straight non-golf days here in Houston due to "wintry mix" and cold.  Forecast was for possibly some snow, but that did not happen.  Town essentially closed down on Tuesday and today, finally, the temperatures are crawling back above freezing.  Have a 9:52 am tee time tomorrow; 11:45am Friday; and 7:00 am Saturday.  I'm enjoying the winter so far.

• 5064 points

tee2green
    Those vikings really love the snow ......gets them out of school for a day on occasion.

Some days, but not today!! we've had enough snow events so far this winter that folks are getting used to it. A storm with a six inch snowfall isn't stopping school around here!

• 4934 points

I have a torch, ptich fork and a stake to burn the little witch on and the horse he rode in on.

•  

Haaaaa, Mr Don and I will be teeing it up at Torrey Pines North tomorrow.....  Photos to follow!

•  

Leave poor Phil alone or he will file suit with the ACLU help. LOL  2 inches of snow that turned to ice here in North COLDalina. Maybe Friday it will warm up enough to get rid of this stuff.

• 4201 points

I can't feel bad for most of you that lose a few days of golfing.  We lose MONTHS!  (unless we have an uncharacteristically warm winter where we can get out a few times)

•  

Pete - Love the Swedish hat!!!!!  

• 5064 points

ToddL
    Pete - Love the Swedish hat!!!!!

My Dad's mother was from Norway and my wife's father's family is Swedish..From the photo of my youngest, you can see who wears the hat in my family!!

•  

We had some rain here this week :( I hope, I don't have any mud balls this weekend. Portland Or