Forums

Snow in Atlanta

• 4617 points

bholley
    I just stayed inside with adult beverages (like any other day). Special thanks to my wife for taking this picture she was a little upset when I accidently locked her out for a couple of hours. Hey it's hard to hear over a blender.

What with the snow, I presume we cannot see the month green here at Holley CC. But the approach is very pretty and the snack shack at the turn is a nice building, for sure

• 4131 points

I sure hope the greens aren't affected at Augusta.

•  

Sure thing Ted my home course is just 2 miles away. Most anytime but especially spring time would be great.

http://www.echelonliving.com/sites/courses/layout.asp?id=834&page=81849

•  

With the snow and ice, our governness has declared a state of emergency in SC.....no schools again tomorrow.....with my wife home from school, I'm in the mancave with the dog.....I don't think us both being retired is going to work.....ha...ha...

•  

Out playing in the snow with the grandkids.  Having a ball.  *** it is cold out there.  

•  

MarkWDallasTx
    I sure hope the greens aren't affected at Augusta.

I believe that they are heated Mark......

•  

Kept an eye on the news today regarding our friends in Atlanta.  Can you imagine Atlanta shut down and having to spend the night on the interstate and a lot of cars just abandoned on the highways.  Some officials let you guys down through lack of preparation.  Those roads were not ready for this storm.  I feel for you guys.    

•  

Sweet looking course - can't believe how much trouble there was down your way with the weather/roads.

Hang in there -  if you run out of items for the blender maybe we can have something FedExed your way.

• 112 points

Hilarious!!!! "...Hey it's hard to hear over a blender"

•  

•  

Heard horror stories of those back home. A good friend had to sleep in a Kroger (or Publix) beer aisle. They gave out free Sausage biscuits in the morning to all that slept there. Took my Dad over 5+ hours to get from downtown to our town north of the Perimeter (which is no more than 45 mins w/ normal Atlanta traffic). Hopefully they'll mobilize the National Guard and City vehicles in advance next time!

•  

Ty,   Why are you headed to Florida, it is cold there too.

•  

Ty, try Hawaii.