Forums

The Shark

•  

Greg Norman is back with Cobra Golf - announced today.

•  

Saw that on Twitter a few days ago.  I like the move.  When I think of Norman, I think of his Cobra days.

•  

Boy does he hop around.... This one is ironic, since at one time he owned a major chunk of the company, then sold it all off. Since then he's messed around with MacGregor and TM.

Ring the cash register.

•  

Saw him on Flaherty at the PGA show this week and he was talking about when Cobra initially offered him 12% of the company back when and how much they made when they sold off and how much he learned from them about how to run a business.......he will be a great spoksman for their products

•  

Regardless of what you think of Greg personally he dpes make pretty good wine

• 422 points

Sad part is that he really doesn't play competitive golf anymore.

• 5058 points

He has had phenomenal business success. Perhaps he misses messing around in the pro golf arena? He sure isn't doing this for the money though I am sure Cobra is paying him nicely...And I have a hard time thinking he has any breakthrough club design ideas...so, perhaps he's just looking to rub shoulders with some of the young Cobra stars and use his celebrity and history as one of golf's great ones to bring more of today's pros into the Cobra fold...

•  

How often is he even playing these days?

• 1649 points

I wonder how Norman will fit in with all the bright color that Cobra-Puma has these days.  He was a basic black guy from what I recall.  

•  

CTiger
    I wonder how Norman will fit in with all the bright color that Cobra-Puma has these days.  He was a basic black guy from what I recall.

From younger playing days.......for the eighties those were bright......but he did wear a lot of black as well.......

• 4870 points

McLovin
    Sad part is that he really doesn't play competitive golf anymore.

Justin Timberlake has sponsorship w the Chevron company.

• 2495 points

I think he is going to use the clubs -- I am not sure he won't still be wearing the Shark clothing lines.  Not sure if that is gone or not with this deal.  

•  

Pony, I think you're right on the clothing. There is still an extensive GN line available, and they had a big booth at the PGA Show. Their women's line is boring, we won't be buying it. They hired both a designer and a marketing guy from Summit Brands/EP Pro, and it looks just like it. It was even merchandised the same way.