Forums

Torrey Pines Favorite

•  

Just went to Stadium and got passes... Pass to park at glider port.. Big plus!

•  

TNT009

Just went to Stadium and got passes... Pass to park at glider port.. Big plus!

Well, that makes it way easier. Monte hook you up?

•  

Welllllllll

Ya know!

•  

Now the first day was a very interesting round.  Stewart Cink, who would have thought?  Will Phil be able to finish?  Will Tiger get his new driver under control?  What could he do with a Titleist 913D2, oh well, just being bias.  Can't wait to see who does and does not make the cut today.......

•  

The Saturday weather at Torrey is the kind of weather we've had most of this winter. It looks real nice, but we are probably going to pay for it later in the summer with drought conditions. The snow pack in the Sierras is 25% of normal. So, cold and water for most of you, or dry and thirsty for us. Not really optimal for any of us. Oh well, what are you going to do? Stupid weather.

•  

Simply gorgeous today..  Morgan Hoffman had the sickest pair of Orange and Black icons ....  Don Thurs 7:00 North?

•  

Orange and black?  They sure looked like bright red and black on the TV, coordinating with the red ribbon belt.  Looked really sharp, once you accepted the look.  Tough day out there for the players, though.  Woodland had the best round at -4.  Lots of plusses today.

• 4617 points

ChuckZ
    Now the first day was a very interesting round.  Stewart Cink, who would have thought?  Will Phil be able to finish?  Will Tiger get his new driver under control?  What could he do with a Titleist 913D2, oh well, just being bias.  Can't wait to see who does and does not make the cut today.......

Chuck, In the case of Tiger versus driver, the only culprit is his swing...Nothing to do with his club, though when he played Titleist clubs as a kid and with a far more natural swing, he was beyond good. Does a baseball pitcher lean forward or stay statically centered, weight not moving back in his windup? Did jack Nicklaus shift his weight forward on the backswing? Leave his left foot glued to the ground in his backswing? Tiger needs real mechanics, nothing less will allow him to "own" his swing....For the life of me, I cannot understand why the swing of the all time majors winner or Watson or Snead is such a bad thing to emulate. What the heck has Sean Foley won/??

• 4617 points

erratic weather does have some correlation with warming of the planet. With a geologist as a father in law, I get some fair well presented and scientific reasoning behind that assertion. Don't you love the fact that a warming planet can mean colder weather for some of us??

•  

Hoffman's kicks and belt were outstanding!  I know the shoes were MyJoys, but where was the belt from?  He just needed the matching orange glove!

•  

TNT009
    Simply gorgeous today..  Morgan Hoffman had the sickest pair of Orange and Black icons ....  Don Thurs 7:00 North?

If you got us a tee time, I'm in!

• 4131 points

Wow this field is playing marginally. Tiger got chewed up.

•  

pistolpete
    ChuckZNow the first day was a very interesting round.  Stewart Cink, who would have thought?  Will Phil be able to finish?  Will Tiger get his new driver under control?  What could he do with a Titleist 913D2, oh well, just being bias.  Can't wait to see who does and does not make the cut today.......

Chuck, In the case of Tiger versus driver, the only culprit is his swing...Nothing to do with his club, though when he played Titleist clubs as a kid and with a far more natural swing, he was beyond good. Does a baseball pitcher lean forward or stay statically centered, weight not moving back in his windup? Did jack Nicklaus shift his weight forward on the backswing? Leave his left foot glued to the ground in his backswing? Tiger needs real mechanics, nothing less will allow him to "own" his swing....For the life of me, I cannot understand why the swing of the all time majors winner or Watson or Snead is such a bad thing to emulate. What the heck has Sean Foley won/??

Pete, you are right....if you watched him set up his shoulders were far left on the tee box and that is pretty much where he was hitting the ball......Yeah, he should have stayed with Butch....one opinion.....Tiger is a natural and needs to get back to his natural swing and just hit the ball......think there is too much going on between the ears with his game right now......I really enjoyed seeing him hit the ball.....what a striker of the ball.....