Forums

Torrey Pines Favorite

•  

Saw where Golf Channel Fantasy has Tiger as the odds on favorite to win at Torrey Pines this weekend.  A couple of Titleist players Justin Speith and Bill Haas were in the top ten and I really like their chances.  Justin would be my pick.  The courses should play a little harder this year due to them being closed a week earlier, so they say.......how about it TNT and Don?

• 4870 points

I got Tiger for the win.

•  

I don't ever think you can bet against Tiger.  I agree that these young guys are not afraid any more.

•  

I will take at least half the field over TW. Too many guys that can win it....

•  

NCBob
    I don't ever think you can bet against Tiger.  I agree that these young guys are not afraid any more.

On this course, where he has won it seven times plus a US Open, he really wants that nineth win.....he will really be gunning for it...can he handle the pressue to win that nineth, is the question......and you are right, there are a lot of young takers out there and they are firing at the flag....they said on TV today that the rough is up and the greens are hard, so I guess the scores may not be too low......Tiger has been working on his high shots with Foley for this tournament and he said he is rested and ready.....should be a good one...

•  

TW... Sure, others can beat him, but he owns that piece of turf!  Would be nice to see FIGJAM compete!

•  

7 wins at Torrey, does not lock it for Tiger but it's very close. If he show with an A,B, or C, game he most likely wins it. he know this course better then anyone except maybe Phil.

•  

I played on the 13th, which was the last day of public play, and the rough was very thick and juicy. I can see how the courses would be much harder if they can firm-up the greens and fairways by closely monitoring the amount of water used with those extra days of no play. We haven't had any rain for many weeks and pretty high temps for this time of year. If they want tough conditions, they should be able to do it.

•  

So, there hasn't been any fog or temp. highs lower than the mid 70's for 10 days. And now, the first day of the tourney, fog and mid 60's. Just not right. :-(

• 303 points

Hoping Phil can pull it off

•  

Don, who's have thunk it that the weather would change for the tournament. Anyway, given the poa annua greens, it's a putting contest this week, more so than most events and TW knows them probably better than anyone.

•  

Fogs lifting now, Don when you going?

• 1135 points

Hard to bet against Tiger.

• 2770 points

Tiger is the favorite for sure 7 wins is hard to overlook.

I like Bill Haas, got him on my fantasy team this week, which may be the kiss of death, but he played well last week and has played well at Torrey pines a few times before so I will lean on a Titleist guy.

•  

TNT009

Fogs lifting now, Don when you going?

Don't think I'm going this year, not sure it's worth the effort. It's so much simpler to watch from my easy chair. :-)