Forums

Hole in one

• 447 points

Tell me your hole in storys and tips to get one?

•  

Tip

Keep playing golf, and never expect to get a hole in one. If you do, it's by the grace of the golf Gods.....

I've had 2 of them, and only did get the first when I resolved myself that it was never going to happen.

•  

Get super lucky and play a lot!

•  

It doesn't follow any rule! :-)

(but it probably will start as I said it- lol)

It's as illusive as you could imagine. . . but then others have experienced an abundance just from playing regularly.

Follow Tar Heel's advice and enjoy your rounds!

•  

Pray to the God of Golf!!

•  

The hole-in-one is a combination of skill, determination, and blind luck.  Skill gives you more opportunities because you hit the ball better.  Determination means you're playing a lot of golf.  Blind luck is how the h-i-o actually occurs.  Took me almost 56 years of playing to get my first, then less than 2 years for the second.  The first one I observed was a skulled long iron that essentially rolled all the way to the hole and happened to fall in.

•  

Started playing golf in 1985.  Had my first one in 2001 and my second one in 2012 and I play a lot of golf.  I play about 4-5 five days a week.  Keep hitting the ball and some day, if you are lucky, it will happen.....  Keagan Bradley had his first one on tour last week at PGA West....  Even the very best take a while..... Good luck.  

• 1135 points

Every time I play a par three hole with water, I get a  hole in one.  Always make sure I get the first shot right into the water.  Never fails that I hit the water.  But play a lot and just be lucky.  

• 447 points

Thank you

• 447 points

lol

• 447 points

Tar heel ? I'll google him

• 447 points

Hoe does the prayer go?

• 447 points

brilliant

• 447 points

Hope for us all eh

• 4647 points

Never had a hole in one. 250 year three wood from the fairway into the hole for eagle? Check. 8 iron from 165 pulled dead left off of a bank collaring the green bouncing onto the green and rolling 60 feet across and into the cup for another eagle? Check. Skipped a bladed five iron across the pond from the tee onto the green with ball rolling to a stop an inch away from the cup? Yep, got that one as well...It is a great game...