Forums

2014 PGA Show

•  

I'm looking forward to reports from the show. I'va already seen some neat, new stuff this year watching TGC's coverage. One note, one manufacture claims to be, "the most profitable golf equipment, apparel, and footwear company in the world". I'd rather use the BEST (a.k.a. Acushnet, Footjoy, Titleist)

•  

I saw this morning also that Taylormade, Nike, and Callaway are changing their drivers again, again, again and again.....that is why I changed and went to Titleist and stayed.....I am hitting the ball with more consistency and farther than I ever did with Taylormade and Callaway and by the time I broke in a new club with them they changed it.......that really made me mad.....I am with you Fred why play the rest, when you can play with the best.....FJs for this body and Titleist for the game.....wish I were there  :-)  

• 4131 points

I agree with your thoughts.

My rule for everything "it just has to work everytime just like it is suppose too" I don't have a lot of time fix or replace things.

•  

WOW!

Well so far so this posted on FJ's FB

- DNA is new shoe

- Colored gloves

- FJ City off course shoes that look SWEET!!!

•  

The pictures of all the new FJ products are being fed through their Facebook page with photos. Make sure to check them out!

•  

uhmm... Claims to be "the most profitable golf equipment, apparel, and footwear company in the world".  Hmm...

They must want to only capture the retailers' attention, and little of the consumers.  And many times this marketing strategy translates to careless retail sales without regard for the consumers.

I would care for, Quality, Style... integrity... as a customer.  The Mark of a Player, FootJoy has it!

•  

Some gorgeous Scotty putters showing up...

•  

ChuckZ
    I saw this morning also that Taylormade, Nike, and Callaway are changing their drivers again, again, again and again.....that is why I changed and went to Titleist and stayed.....I am hitting the ball with more consistency and farther than I ever did with Taylormade and Callaway and by the time I broke in a new club with them they changed it.......that really made me

mad.....I am with you Fred why play the rest, when you can play with the best.....FJs for this body and Titleist for the game.....wish I were there  :-)

Chuck, How do you break a new driver in?

•  

Bend it hard over your knee, just like a putter.

•  

TNT009
    Some gorgeous Scotty putters showing up...

OTR or specials?

•  

Ah...ha...let me see....one definition in the dictionary for break in is - to get the stiffness out of.....maybe we will go with that, and I hit it....have a good day....ha....ha....  :-)  

• 711 points

I agree Chuck, Titleist is pretty much the only line of clubs that a serious player can play from top to bottom.  Some companies have decent pieces like great irons but suspect woods.  It seems every Titleist club you hit has a "Wow" factor like "man I really need this in the bag."

•  

Oh, for y'all, who like me, couldn't make it to the show, the list of exhibitors link is the next best thing. pgamerch14.mapyourshow.com/.../exhibitor_results.cfm

• 1132 points

if that company is only concerned about being the most profitable, then they are going to lose the committed customers.  I like using Titleist equipment and will use it into the future. I get the best in the game, at a great price, and it lasts me for a long long time.  I have no need to upgrade my driver or fairway woods three times per year, that is just redonkulous.  Acushnet has stayed on top for a reason with it's various brands and associations.