Forums

Golf songs in your head

• 447 points

Is it only me ? Or am i mental? every round i play i have a song in my head , weird ones popular ones , it worrying me.

•  

Maybe try not listening to music before playing a round of golf.  Ha...ha....

•  

It worrying me, too. Are you hearing this song "They're Coming to Take Me Away, Ha-Haaa!" by Napoleon XIV? :-)

•  

You are not alone cheese. Having a song in your head can promote good tempo and rythym and there's usually a song (or voices) in my head when I play golf. Bluesy tunes seem to work well, for me - "disco" still sucks and especially in golf.

•  

Well let's see now....

Welcome to the Jungle by Guns N Roses always seem appropriate for the first tee.....

•  

I'm almost always singing or humming a song to myself while playing.  I've found it's a good way for me to focus and keep my emotions in check.  If I'm singing a song in my head, I'm not thinking too far ahead in my round and staying focused on the next shot.

•  

Paradise City comes to mind as well.......love that group.....some good old Disco is also good for the tempo...lived it loved it and still like the music...nothing like a little Donna Summer......even some good old blues by BB or Eric.....the beat goes on.....  :-)    

• 4931 points

Tar Heel
    Well let's see now....

Welcome to the Jungle by Guns N Roses always seem appropriate for the first tee.....

Dazed and Confused by Led Zepplin by the 5th hole.

• 1652 points

I like to listen to music while I am playing rounds by myself.  It is a tempo thing and helps me stay in a goove of sorts.  But when I am in a group, I try and keep some sort of tune in my head to do the same.  Once the tempo is gone, then it is not a fun day.  

•  

Some of my friends and I use songs to distract ourselves between holes or between shots.  It helps keep us loose.  I don't usually have a song or music in general running in my head while I play otherwise.

•  

golferdrmjr
    It worrying me, too. Are you hearing this song "They're Coming to Take Me Away, Ha-Haaa!" by Napoleon XIV? :-)

GOOD ONE DON,LOL,LOL

•  

I'M GONNA TRY IT. A LITTLE SHAKE RATTLE AND ROLL WOULD PROBABLY WORK FOR ME IF I DON'T DISLOCATE SOMETHIN'. LOL,LOL,LOL

• 1135 points

The 5th hole? Lately, that sounds like the soundtrack for my entire round after I leave the range and head to the first tee.

•  

DOGLOSKI

golferdrmjr

GOOD ONE DON,LOL,LOL

Oh, gee. . . :-)    lol

•  

noeldaof

DOGLOSKI

golferdrmjr

GOOD ONE DON,LOL,LOL

Oh, gee. . . :-)    lol

I'm glad some people knew that song, if you don't you should Google it and take a listen. :-)