Forums

And the Broncos Move on

• 3134 points

Todd your drinking BB'S kool aid I see, why would Denver have a 5'9 guy who is just coming back from 2 concussions try and take out a guy 6'2 and 50 lbs heavier. The Pats run as many picks as anyone you know that, in fact Edelman did the same thing to Rogers Cromartie a few minutes later.

They lost to a better team plain and simple, you guys cant go to the SB every year, right ?

•  

Payton's going to win his second super bowl ring

• 5457 points

The Seattle/SF game was so sloppy; looked like *** wee league.  I think the Bronco's will win but I hope it's close.

•  

Chuck, I don't think the Pats ever had a chance at keeping him.  Yes he was seeking a long term deal with a high number, but I think this started a few years back and his relationship with Belichick has gone south ever since.  Good for him, glad to see him playing well.  Not a big fan of either team, just hope its a good game.

• 1690 points

Good luck to Denver, hope they can beat up the SkittleHawks and win one for Manning so he can retire a champion.  

•  

It seems to me the Broncos have not had to face the speed, power and tenacity of the Seahawk's defense. To that end, Manning may not survive the game, Seattle (and the weather) will keep Denver's scoring down significantly and Denver's defense will also keep Seattle's offense in check. The Seahawks will win a boring and close game 14-10.

•  

No doubt about it, we lost.  The Broncos played better.  As for the Welker play, he made no attempt to get open.  His sole purpose on the play was to take out Talib.  It worked.  I agree with TNT - it should have been a penalty.  

My observation having lived all across this country - sports fans in the Boston area are the most passionate across the spectrum.  Football, baseball, hockey, soccer, golf, sailing (yes, we are still mad that the Aussies won the Americas Cup back in 1983 with a crazy keel), etc. we love and follow them all!  Any sport/game and someone will have an opinion.  Some areas around the country might have a following for a particular team (SEC football comes to mind), but Boston sports for fans is a life long obsession.  Sports radio up here dissects and criticizes every pitch, every face-off, every play call, every putt, and every tack (sailing term).  

Athletes in Beantown are treated as heroes - Bill Russell, Larry Bird, Bobby Orr, Ted Williams, Pedro Martinez, Tedy Bruschi, Tom Brady are all larger than life out here. They are more well known than most politicians and entertainment stars.  Even when a back end roster athlete goes out, he is treated like royalty.  

Yes, the hatred is palpable.  Red Sox fans hate the Yankees.  Celtics fans hate the Lakers.  Bruins fans hate the Canadiens.  Patriots fans hate the Jets and Peyton Manning.  If the Boston team does not win, you will root for anyone but your rival.  That is what a passionate Boston fan believes.  The old saying around here is "I root for the Red Sox and whoever is playing the Yankees".  Hate is a strong word, but accurate.  

The fan base may be considered to be disrespectful by most around the country.  That's how it is.  We are not "nice" when it comes to sports.  We love our teams to a fault and that will never change!    We complain about everything - we all have 20/20 hindsight vision.  

Ahh, it's nice to be a Boston fan!

• 1923 points

I hope Peyton destroys Seattle especially after the Richard Sherman episode.  Manning is too good of a QB to have a negative cloud follow him about a poor playoff record.  Despite being from Indy and having a heated rivalry with the Pats in last 15 years I respect the Pats for doing what they did.  They lost 2 all pro TE's, Vince Wilfork is a beast when healthy, Admendola/Edelman are injury prone which lead to inconsistent and letting Wes Welker leave showed to leave the team without a viable passing option all year.  As mentioned in earlier posts about "Spy gate' but Belichek has lost a solid lock down defense that he had when Pats were legitimate contenders and most forget Brady was a game manager when the Pats won titles and never asked to win it with his arm like he has last few years.  Interesting to think about....

•  

ToddL
    No doubt about it, we lost.  The Broncos played better.  As for the Welker play, he made no attempt to get open.  His sole purpose on the play was to take out Talib.  It worked.  I agree with TNT - it should have been a penalty.  

My observation having lived all across this country - sports fans in the Boston area are the most passionate across the spectrum.  Football, baseball, hockey, soccer, golf, sailing (yes, we are still mad that the Aussies won the Americas Cup back in 1983 with a crazy keel), etc. we love and follow them all!  Any sport/game and someone will have an opinion.  Some areas around the country might have a following for a particular team (SEC football comes to mind), but Boston sports for fans is a life long obsession.  Sports radio up here dissects and criticizes every pitch, every face-off, every play call, every putt, and every tack (sailing term).  

Athletes in Beantown are treated as heroes - Bill Russell, Larry Bird, Bobby Orr, Ted Williams, Pedro Martinez, Tedy Bruschi, Tom Brady are all larger than life out here. They are more well known than most politicians and entertainment stars.  Even when a back end roster athlete goes out, he is treated like royalty.  

Yes, the hatred is palpable.  Red Sox fans hate the Yankees.  Celtics fans hate the Lakers.  Bruins fans hate the Canadiens.  Patriots fans hate the Jets and Peyton Manning.  If the Boston team does not win, you will root for anyone but your rival.  That is what a passionate Boston fan believes.  The old saying around here is "I root for the Red Sox and whoever is playing the Yankees".  Hate is a strong word, but accurate.  

The fan base may be considered to be disrespectful by most around the country.  That's how it is.  We are not "nice" when it comes to sports.  We love our teams to a fault and that will never change!    We complain about everything - we all have 20/20 hindsight vision.  

Ahh, it's nice to be a Boston fan!

Point taken....the largest University of Tennessee Alumni Association Chapter just happens to be in Boston, so I guess there are a lot of Peyton lovers there as well.....Russell was my idol of all the centers.....like Peyton he was a workhorse.......and Bird he was the man as well, what wingman....work ethic....I see Boston's favorite Johnny Damon every year at a charity tournament in Mt Pleasant....lol.....with respect.....bottom line is......Boston hates anyone who one ups them.....choices  :-)

•  

Given the injuries NE dealt with this year, if they get everyone back, especially Talib and Wilfork, they will have developed so much more talent in 2013 that 2014 may be a very dominate year for the Pats. They are my pre-season pick to win the SB on 2015.

I'm not certain the Welker block on Talib was out of line. Watching the play, the block occurred right as the pass was caught, perhaps slightly before. Still, he didn't go at Talib's knees - he just got his body in the way of Talib's body. In addition, The Pats "wrote the book" on "rub" routes and Welker was the benefactor of them when caught Brady's passes. I didn't head BB complaining then and this seems like much ado about nothing.