Forums

Golf Carts - cigarette lighter/chargers?

• 3296 points

Just wondering if anyone has seen golf carts fitted with cigarette lighter/accessory socket?  I've never seen one, but it would seem to be a nice addition to keep GPS/phones charged while playing.

• 4131 points

I haven't. There have been many times I could have used one.

•  

Yes, they are available, I believe Gimme Golf is the brand.  I'm sure you can Google and find one. Definitely handy.

• 4617 points

Buy a portable charger. I have one that recharges through an integrated solar panel. it is about the size of a deck of playing cards...

•  

I've seen carts with just about anything you can imagine.  Some carts have more features than most cars.  Just depends on how much you (or the course) wants to spend.  Since most courses are interested in the bottom line, they are going to get the cheapest cart that will fit their needs.

• 3296 points

It would be nice if this "feature" was on all standard carts.

•  

With all due respect, are we out to play golf are to talk on the cell phone.....I say leave them in the car and I am a reformed smoker so please don't put me in a cart with a smoker.....so I see no need for the feature....then again it is about choices.....  :-)

•  

I have one installed on my golf cart. It comes in handy for cell phones, cameras, GPS units and all sorts of doo-dads. It's easy to install if you have a voltage converter that provides a 12 VDC dedicated circuit on your cart.