Forums

PGA Show

•  

Chris92009
    golfchickChris92009, it is a trade-only event for PGA professionals, buyers, industry executives and media. You need to work for one of those (or know someone) to get credentials to get in.

That means I am out! bummer!!

Come on guy! You know everyone I am sure you could find a way in ;-)

• 447 points

Where is it?

•  

Devin_Gmitter
    Chris92009golfchickChris92009, it is a trade-only event for PGA professionals, buyers, industry executives and media. You need to work for one of those (or know someone) to get credentials to get in.

That means I am out! bummer!!  Come on guy! You know everyone I am sure you could find a way in ;-)

Yeah really Chris, you made it to Augusta, the PGA show shouldn't be an issue!

• 1533 points

Exhausting to say the least but a very unique experience.  The amount of people there is crazy and could not believe what it would be like if it was open to the general public!!  Great time, gotta go atleast once.

• 4203 points

OK, What is the general consensus. Was the PGA Show worth the time to go? Any new innovative companies or products? Revolutionary not evolutionary products and or companies?

• 3500 points

MarkWDallasTx
    OK, What is the general consensus. Was the PGA Show worth the time to go? Any new innovative companies or products? Revolutionary not evolutionary products and or companies?

Definitely worth the time to go if you want to see/hear about all the new gizmos, gadgets, widgets, what-have-you's. It can be sensory overload at times with all the color and sounds but there is a buzz in the air about the what's going to be introduced that year and all. If you're going looking to buy on a retail level it won't be worth it, but if you want to go for the education of the golf marketplace then look no further. All of the players are usually there.

I personally loved going last year as a rookie and and quite pumped about being there next week. Hopefully some of y'all will be there!

•  

It s not until next week, Jan. 22-24.

It is definitely worth it -- almost a "must" -- for those of us who have to buy for pro shops. That's the basis of the it -- to showcase new products and show buyers summer and fall 2014 lines. I buy strictly women's apparel, shoes and accessories, but many pros have to buy both soft goods and hard goods for their shops for the bulk of the golf season.

There are usually new clothing lines, but most don't offer anything revolutionary. Lots of companies have the same technologies and same colors, just used in different ways. It's kind of a blur at the end of two and a half solid days of buying. Many companies include free freight if you place your order at the show. it helps them with production numbers and is a huge benefit when you are buying for a lot of shops.

•  

It's definitely worth the time to go at least once.  But, unless things have changed, from a business stand point, it might not be worth it.  Maybe with the demo day (I don't think they did that back when I was going).  We found we were seeing catalogs with new stuff before we got to the show and we would have meetings with sales reps that lived in our area.  So basically we were both traveling to Florida to meet when we could do it at our store.  Don't get me wrong, it was a great time and I'm glad I went.  And I wouldn't hesitate to go back if I had the opportunity, it just became difficult to make a business case for spending the money to travel.

• 1876 points

Was really hoping to attend this year, but thing's just didn't work out. One of these day's I'm gonna make it to one though lol

Have fun everyone who is attending!

•  

DEMO Day is interesting. Unless something has changed the only people that can go and demo the equipment are PGA Professionals. It is always very crowded, you can wait around all day and then get to hit 5-6 shots and you are done.

•  

19hole

DEMO Day is interesting. Unless something has changed the only people that can go and demo the equipment are PGA Professionals. It is always very crowded, you can wait around all day and then get to hit 5-6 shots and you are done.

There is a joke there, just not a forum acceptable joke.

• 2397 points

RMH49
    He was one of the winners in the Golf Channel inventors show. Probably got the idea from a potatoe chip bag clip.

Actually looks like the clip from jumper cables

• 4203 points

Can someoene who is at the Show go have a look at the new Vokey wedges SM5?