Forums

2014 Super Bowl

•  

I do love this time of year for television.  The playoffs are going to be special no doubt.  I have to think both Denver and New England are the superior AFC teams, and the best two teams in the NFL.  

Both of them have poor defenses with very similar statistics, but Denver has the best offense in NFL history.  Denver has key defensive injuries and New England is Gonkless, and Tom Brady can't sneak past them in his uggs this time.  I think these two beat up teams will slug it out with Denver taking the AFC Championship.  

I think the NFC is going to be wildly interesting, and I'd love to see Carolina get there, but I bet they'll come up to a hungry wild card team (SF possibly) and they'll suffer a tough first round loss.  I bet Seattle rolls into the Super Bowl.  For the big game, this is going to be Denver's year, and they'll beat the Seahawks 35-27.  Manning will silence all his critics and then decide if he want's to pull a John Elway and come back for a repeat or ride off into the sunset as one of the greatest ever.

*Disclaimer* As a life long Bronco fan, and a kid who once dressed up as John Elway for 4 consecutive halloweens, my non-biased opinion should be thought of as fact.

• 1445 points

I think I am going to burn for saying this, but I think the Eagles are the hottest team as right now (I am a Dallas fan).   We have seen it before with the Giants and other teams, all you have to do is make it, and be on a roll like they are to win out.    

•  

Guess that unamimous choice for the probowl at Quarterback was deadon......as always Manning has been in control and I hope the good year continues.....love to see him go out on top if he choices "happy trails".......he set some records with Colts then Brady broke them and now he has set  new standards this year at Denver with a great supporting cast......he is the man......but it takes a team.....go Broncos....love the disclaimer...lol

•  

Go Chargers!

•  

Good win by SD teams today........ Two upsets... SDSU in the house, sorry Jayhawks!

• 2625 points

Belichick  and staf have been able to get through the season while missing numerous key players. As long as Brady stays healthy

they have a good shot at going all the way. If it is freezing for The Super Bowl they gives them an advantage over many other teams.

•  

Painful to watch my Pack go out like that. At least a depleted Packers D can hang with an impressive SF team any day of the week. Have to be able to turn those into W's nonetheless. ANYONE BUT THE NINERS OR SEAHAWKS!

• 4617 points

A lot of talk around me area about how the Packers would annihilate the Niners since they play and live in the cold. SF made  short work of that analytical gem. Kaepernick is very very dangerous - the guy can fly!

•  

Another dual threat......you just never know what he is going to do......great legs and arm......SF????????????

•  

pistolpete
    A lot of talk around me area about how the Packers would annihilate the Niners since they play and live in the cold. SF made  short work of that analytical gem. Kaepernick is very very dangerous - the guy can fly!

Seems to show up against the Pack each and every time. Would love to see how he does against a top 3 Defense... #'s aren't too gaudy against Seattle this year for Kaep HERE'S TO CAROLINA!

And yes I am a bitter Packer-Backer here... Still hard to swallow. SF has a heck of a team

• 4617 points

Yep - I have a soft spot in my football heart for the Packers. One of my best pals grew up in Green Bay and attended the original ice bowl with his Dad...Hearing that tale after witnessing it on TV, I sort of fell for the green and gold...And in those days of yore, the days of Starr and Hornung, Kramer, et al..they were the greatest - gritty and honest...