Forums

Are you a ball snob?

•  

Play Pro V1 in the summer, during the winter I will go with NXT Tour S in yellow (easier to see on dormant bermuda).

• 1400 points

You guys make me feel better for not being the only one.  I'm a Pro V1x guy and anything I find on the course that isn't goes to my boys.

• 3308 points

Yes but it sort of evolves. Whatever ball I'm committed to at the time, I'll play. I was committed to trying out the Titleist DT/Tour, then Bridgestone ballsY ) ***Ex) and now the lower compression Wilson balls.  If I find another ball when playing, I usually just give to a playing partner or save them for someone who uses that brand.

•  

To me, it's not about being a snob... It's about Loyalty! ProV1x

•  

I am a simple man....Find something that works and stick with it. To that, I play mostly Srixon -ZX and Titleist Pro-V1x (#3).

Any "finders" are passed on.

•  

I agree, Paul G, Loyalty..to hitting; having the same feel and performance from your golf ball..each and every time.

•  

Only ProV1x for me.  I'll turn any others in at the clubhouse, or give them back to the guy at the club who originally owned it (as LNG as their name or mark is on it).  That is actually pretty funny to do - we get a good laugh about where it was found...

• 783 points

I only buy Prov 1x and whenever new Pro V comes out to try it.  I only like playing Pro V in good weather conditions and like that Pro V1x cuts the wind better.  I have many old Tour balls from other companies that I received from years past from working in the industry that I am still trying to use up at start of season or bad weather days.  Nothing stands up to Titleist quality and playability, IMO...

•  

I only play ProV1xs but I do try out every ball for a couple of reasons. My dad and friends who are not as good of players do not play ProVs and are looking for a good ball for a good price. My buddies may loose 6 balls a round and they dont want to dunk $5 a ball. I do notice the difference in balls based on style and brand and tell my dad/friends what they should play. There are great options out there, Titleist's mid range balls has really stepped up.

•  

Pro V1x only for me.

•  

Mondo
    You can say I'm a snob....really only play the ProV1x but have picked up the other balls and usually throw them into my practice shag bag so I can chip and putt with quality balls but will never put them in play whether a fun round, regular round or tournament...ONLY THE PRO V1 X FOR ME....

SAME FOR ME MONDO,,,BUT I DO USE PROV1S IN THE WINTER.

I HAVE NO IDEA WHY EXCEPT THEY FEEL BETTER ON THE GREENS THAN THE XS WHEN THE WEATHER GETS COLD.

IMO.

•  

Well I used to be, but not so much any more.  Last year i played several different balls.  I used to use nothing but Titleist premium balls (for many many years)  but now I use NXT, NXT Tours, some Callaway mid priced balls and I will be trying some Srixon Q Stars this spring.  The main reason is the cost of premium balls.  Being retired and on a modest fixed income, i try to watch my pennies.  And I am not as good as I used to be.  I find I score just as well with the mid priced balls as with the premium balls.  Also a much lower compression ball feels better to me.

•  

I only play the ProV1.  I'll pick up some of the other manufactures from time to time, but I won't game them.  I usually give them to kids or my wife.  Sometimes I'll just toss them on the practice green or leave them in the first cut so someone else can grab them.  My shag bag is full so I don't pick up too many.

•  

Well put.......good choice of words.....I am loyal to the brand

• 4203 points

I prefer PROV1x. I do play the NXT Tours in Yellow also. If I am playing Army golf it would not matter which ball I was playing. It does make me sick to lose 3-4 Prov1x s in one round.