Forums

Congrats Team Rice

• 1146 points

Well, Jerry, Isaac, and Emily dug deep for the victory today. I know there must be a great deal of pressure but it was difficult to see how the NFL guys are low single digit handicappers. What did you uys think?

•  

You can't go wrong if you put your money on Jerry Rice - he's the man.

• 5298 points

Glad they were able to close it out. Team Rice seemed much more cohesive as a team.  Anybody that has played a bit of competitive golf will understand how pressure impacts your game.  I would agree that it was hard to understand how the NFL guys could be low single digit golfers with some of the mistakes they were making (especially when Doleman topped his ball of the tee) but we have all been there.  Pressure can make crazy things happen to your golf game...

•  

I have to admit I feel quite sorry for Shannon Fish.  She is clearly a very good player, but she simply choked in the last two quarters' play.  I wish her all the best on the Symetra an, with luck, the LPGA tours in the future.

•  

didn't watch much..but being a single digit handicapper is much different than being a scratch....I can see the NFL guys being single digit, but not much better than that....

• 1146 points

Mondo
    didn't watch much..but being a single digit handicapper is much different than being a scratch....I can see the NFL guys being single digit, but not much better than that....

That's an interesting concept Mondo, but I kind of see your point. The PGA guys may shoot 77 one day and then 62 the next whereas a single digit handicapper may shoot a 70 one day and a 80 the next. Then when you add the pressure of competition...

•  

The best team won. Jerry Rice loved the people on his team and supported them. He never questioned them. he always lifted them up. He was a great teammate and his team deserved to win.

I am happy for Issac and Emily !

Jerry is one of my favorite 49ers, he was still catching Steve Young touchdown passes last night before the last game the stick :)