Forums

Futura X Dual Balance

• 5041 points

www.titleist.com/.../futura-x.aspx

The Titleist rep was at the club the other day and had this new putter out showing it to the Pro. I tried it on the practice green. It is a lot different than my Newport 2.

Has anyone purchased one and or played with one the course?

•  

I rolled a lot of putts with one the weekend it came out, loved the feel and ordered one to my specs.  It really felt solid and was especially steady in the takeaway (where I tend to get a little off track at times).  I play a Craz-E so I am used to looking at a strange mallet head... some people say the Craz-E looks like Brannock shoe measuring device... and did not have any issues looking down on the Futura X Head.  Not sure if it has come in yet because I have not been to the club in a couple of weeks due to weather.  Looking forward to getting it in the bag.

• 737 points

I have not but have been trying to find one to try, I really like the reg. Futura X and all I keep hearing is how much better the Balance one feels and rolls!

•  

I have been playing a Futura X since summer and love it.  It might be one of the best designs (performance wise) that he has come out with that is an original.  I played with the counter balance version, bend, and straight in model recently and can say the counter balance surprised me with its stability.   I am gonig to play with it further so I can get a good read on it, however the 38 inch model I used was too short for me so I need to get it lengthened...

•  

Chris92009
    I have been playing a Futura X since summer and love it.  It might be one of the best designs (performance wise) that he has come out with that is an original.  I played with the counter balance version, bend, and straight in model recently and can say the counter balance surprised me with its stability.   I am gonig to play with it further so I can get a good read on it, however the 38 inch model I used was too short for me so I need to get it lengthened...

good lord man!  38" is too short??  

•  

I tried one of the SC Futura X, but it did not interest me enough to pull out the golf debit card.  There is a putter out there for everyone and I will stick with the SC Newport series......they seem to find the bottom of cup for me....if I keep the lie and loft correct....35" is plenty long for me......I can still see the line at that length.....    

•  

Remember -  Chris is a big man with a big putter grip.

•  

I putted with Mike Depaolo's in Austin at the TT outing.  It was just the standard short version.  Loved the feel and the look was not bad.  Tried the counter balance long version when it came out at my course and just do not think I can get used to it.  Hard to set my hands in the proper location, at least in my mind.

TT

•  

This putter is meant to play 3-4" longer than you standard length...I play a 36 " already so I should be using a 39-40" at least...oh well!  When one is 6-5/6-6" tall I get used to special orders! Lol

• 1643 points

Starting to think there is something to a counter balanced putter, not sure I like this head on the other end.

•  

Chris92009
    This putter is meant to play 3-4" longer than you standard length...I play a 36 " already so I should be using a 39-40" at least...oh well!  When one is 6-5/6-6" tall I get used to special orders! Lol

Wow.  I didn't realize you used a longer putter.  I'm 6'4"/6'5" and I've been using a 34" for the last 4 years.  thinking about going back to a 35" next season.  not sure how a 39"-40" would feel.  hopefully i can find one in a shop somewhere.  all this talk has me curious as to how it feels.

• 324 points

...and it comes in left hand too!!! When is Scotty going to make a left hand Laguna?

•  

My Futura X Dual Balance came in and I was able to get out with it this weekend.  It was awesome!  I ordered a 37" (maybe so the end did not get as close to my belly...oops) and it works great.  Being only 5' 9" I had to go down on length an inch.  I just place my thumb on the one of the "M's" on the grip and I get my hands in the same place each time so the longer handle really does not matter.  Seems successful in slowing down my stroke with a better pace and keeping it smooth.  I am going to have to get a better feel on distance though, I am coming from a putter with an insert so the ball comes off the face of the Futura X quite a bit hotter than I am used to.

•  

tdogg21
    Chris92009This putter is meant to play 3-4" longer than you standard length...I play a 36 " already so I should be using a 39-40" at least...oh well!  When one is 6-5/6-6" tall I get used to special orders! Lol

Wow.  I didn't realize you used a longer putter.  I'm 6'4"/6'5" and I've been using a 34" for the last 4 years.  thinking about going back to a 35" next season.  not sure how a 39"-40" would feel.  hopefully i can find one in a shop somewhere.  all this talk has me curious as to how it feels.

The west coast distributor for Cameron CT Putters talked me into going with a longer putter a few years back (was around 34-35" then) now I find 36" depending on model of putter is perfect...I am making far more putts (at least a few more! LOL).

•  

Chris92009

The west coast distributor for Cameron CT Putters talked me into going with a longer putter a few years back (was around 34-35" then) now I find 36" depending on model of putter is perfect...I am making far more putts (at least a few more! LOL).

what was their reasoning for going with a longer putter?