Forums

BCS Championship

•  

I don't like either teams but I will go with FSU just because I hate the SEC

• 2720 points

Pistol - "The SEC is no different then FSU or any other major conference in terms of "troubled" individuals. Pick an SEC school or even UMASS  and you will find an athlete who has had issues. None of these schools recruit choir boys especially the football factories.

They are minor leagues for the NFL.

•  

Should be an entertaining end to the BCS era. FSU and AU are a great matchup.

There are a few great looking games coming for the bowl season.  My Sooners have a huge challenge in playing Alabama.  But this whole "rebuilding" year has been a challenge.

TT

• 2720 points

Coach Stoops usually gets his guys ready come bowl season, Bama is tough might be bummed cause the missed their shot at 3 in a row .

• 5019 points

tee2green
    Pistol - "The SEC is no different then FSU or any other major conference in terms of "troubled" individuals. Pick an SEC school or even UMASS  and you will find an athlete who has had issues. None of these schools recruit choir boys especially the football factories.

FSU is just more prominent this  year because their guy, who BTW is not even charged , is going to win the heisman.

• 5019 points

tee2green

FSU is just more prominent this  year because their guy, who BTW is not even charged , is going to win the heisman.

No argument here on any of your points T2G! There is a larger issue with player behavior that spans college football and other college sports as well. Football I would contend is most prominent as the largest money making sport for Division 1 schools fielding teams. The larger issue it seems to me is one of values  and priorities. IMHO the NCAA is pretty weak and an oversight organization - totally conflicted on issues of compensation. Schools make millions and players can't accept a cheeseburger without jeopardizing their eligibility and their team's playing status??! I don't know why a student athlete or a group of student athletes haven't sued...

However, that is an issue away from criminal behavior. And that too is far too widespread in collegiate athletics...Of course, the number of Congressmen who have run afoul of the law is also quite startling!!

•  

Wheelez3030

Maybe because OSU has a hard time beating them.....

Wheelez3030

Ohio State vs SEC:  0-9.......Could that be the reason.......

• 4177 points

I don't have a dog in this fight.  But it should be a great one!  I too will be taking the over on this.  

• 2720 points

I agree with you......the large amount of money involved from TV  has basically done away with the true meaning of the term student athlete in many cases at the larger "football factory " type schools. They might as well call them semi pro and pay them.

• 2720 points

Yes, it should be very exciting  to watch, a lot of points will be put up.

•  

tee2green
    I agree with you......the large amount of money involved from TV  has basically done away with the true meaning of the term student athlete in many cases at the larger "football factory " type schools. They might as well call them semi pro and pay them.

Look for that to happen in the next five years......was talking to a former football coach of a major university and he said that in that near future that about 50 colleges will make up super conferences that will involve some sort of financial assistance other that scholarships to athletes...........I looked at him and said for real and he assured me that it is in the works......so watch for this to happen......this should be interesting.........