Forums

Feinstein

• 1146 points

I was just watching the Grey Goose 19th Hole, but I'm sipping some Glenmorangie...sorry for the distraction. Anyway, does Feinstein rub anyone else the wrong way? He comes across like he thinks his is the only opinion that matters. I do get a kick out of the man crush he has for TW...lol.

• 2420 points

The guy is a great author and is paid to give his opinion, and opinions that go against the grain sometimes create the most buzz.

• 4617 points

He has written a few books, largely expository stories of tournaments and players. Nothing that is simply fluff, but nothing that has me thinking he is a brilliant intellect. Of course, this is golf and not the global political stage...I've enjoyed his writing..

• 4131 points

I find him abrasive and I disagree with opinions most of the time.

•  

i'm not a big fan.  i've read a number of his books and some are pretty good.  but others are horrible and all of them are written with some arrogance.  he acts like he "above" the average golfer and likes to let everyone know.

• 704 points

Can't stand Feinstein

•  

pistolpete
    He has written a few books, largely expository stories of tournaments and players. Nothing that is simply fluff, but nothing that has me thinking he is a brilliant intellect. Of course, this is golf and not the global political stage...I've enjoyed his writing..

his book about Q-School was simply fluff.  that was probably the worst golf book i'd ever read.  it had a lot of interesting information, but it was horribly done with no flow.  it seemed like he just took a bunch of his notes and put them together and shipped it out.  it was basically a cash grab.

• 4617 points

tdogg21
    pistolpeteHe has written a few books, largely expository stories of tournaments and players. Nothing that is simply fluff, but nothing that has me thinking he is a brilliant intellect. Of course, this is golf and not the global political stage...I've enjoyed his writing..

his book about Q-School was simply fluff.  that was probably the worst golf book i'd ever read.  it had a lot of interesting information, but it was horribly done with no flow.  it seemed like he just took a bunch of his notes and put them together and shipped it out.  it was basically a cash grab.

Did not read his Q-School book! I did read his first book (I think) an account of how Bethpage Black came to be a US Open venue...It would not surprise me at all to find out that Mr. Feinstein actually has a ghost writer!

• 2420 points

He has at least 2 books that made the best seller list's,  they are " good walk spoiled" and "season on the brink" were both excellent reads. "Caddy for life " is an excellent book as well chronicling the life of Bruce Edwards.

When he starts talking about Tiger Woods I tune him out because there is something that went on between them so it's obvious he is not fair when it comes to TW.

When some one is paid to present opinions and does'nt pucker up it usually isn't popular. No doubt he is a bit full of himself as are most good writers or journalists.  

•  

pistolpete
    tdogg21pistolpeteHe has written a few books, largely expository stories of tournaments and players. Nothing that is simply fluff, but nothing that has me thinking he is a brilliant intellect. Of course, this is golf and not the global political stage...I've enjoyed his writing..

Did not read his Q-School book! I did read his first book (I think) an account of how Bethpage Black came to be a US Open venue...It would not surprise me at all to find out that Mr. Feinstein actually has a ghost writer!

i read the book about Bethpage as well.  And a lot of his other books.  Most have a lot of good information, but i feel like he is taking down to you when he's writing.  hard to explain, but after reading a few of his books, i've gotten a little tired of it.

• 1160 points

I wouldn't miss him at all if he left.