Forums

OHIO WEATHER

• 989 points

NOTHING TO DO TODAY EXCEPT LOOK AT ALL THE MYJOY SELECTIONS. 10 IN OF SNOW OVERNIGHT.

•  

ouch.  flurries in south central PA, but too cold and wet to think about playing today.

•  

Sunny but windy here, temp mid 40's. To wet from the rain yesterday to play. Maybe Friday.

•  

lm14134
    NOTHING TO DO TODAY EXCEPT LOOK AT ALL THE MYJOY SELECTIONS. 10 IN OF SNOW OVERNIGHT.

Excuse my ignorance as don't get snow in my part of the world, but that sounds like a lot, what is the most you have ever seen overnight / in one day?

•  

CROCMAN
    lm14134NOTHING TO DO TODAY EXCEPT LOOK AT ALL THE MYJOY SELECTIONS. 10 IN OF SNOW OVERNIGHT.

Excuse my ignorance as don't get snow in my part of the world, but that sounds like a lot, what is the most you have ever seen overnight / in one day?

doesn't happen often where i live, but we've gotten a couple of feet in a day.  it can get crazy when the wind picks up and it drifts.  there were a few years we got blizzards that literally shut down the area.  all roads were closed and you literally were not allowed to drive anywhere.

•  

My Brother in Law spent some time in Boston and Philadelphia (before moving to Arkansas a few years back) and I have seen some great old pics of him having to dig out his driveway.

To someone who doesn't see snow regularly, all the snow covererd yards and landscapes look pretty cool but sure it can become a real pain.

•  

We only get a little snow every couple of years. It is really cold for North Carolina.  Not even Foot Joy gear would entice  me to tee off in 28* weather.  Weekend looks better.

•  

NO snow here yet...just some flurries this morning...a good cart cover and heater will help with that 28* weather NCBob, throw on a little layering and you'll be fine...don't be a wimp NCBob...lol!!!!

• 989 points

My memory goes back to the late 50s and i am pretty sure i have seen 32 inchs in one day twice. It is quite a site to see. Most people do not like Ohio weather because of the swings. I have seen December in the high 60s and golfing to - 25 and fridgid

•  

NCBob
    We only get a little snow every couple of years. It is really cold for North Carolina.  Not even Foot Joy gear would entice  me to tee off in 28* weather.  Weekend looks better.

Come on Bob, we were snow ball fighting at Wrightsville Beach at a conference in February one year........you guys get most of the cold weather and snow......we send it up from the other Carolina.......we did have seven inches in Charleston one Christmas in 1989......I grew up with it in the hills of East Tennessee and do miss it or at least one snowfall a year........Memphisunited plays, period.......cold does not bother him......golf cart cover and heater......I am with you, Bob......

•  

where did you get 10" of snow because I live in Columbus and we only got like 3"

• 4131 points

Move to a warmer climate!

• 989 points

Columbiana. Totals were all different . You had rain longer we had no rain all snow