Forums

Missing Links

•  

Professor3
    Reilly is pretty funny. I too miss him in SI. Feherty, I run hot and cold with him. Sometimes he's really funny, other times he borders on just plain stupid. I miss Peter Jacobson, now that guy is funny. Has he written anything yet?

I'm with you. I used to tune in to Feherty's show all the time, but it got to be borderline ridiculous.

Jacobsen writes a blog, but it's more about his events business. He does sing, though, and he's pretty funny on stage!

•  

golfchick
    Professor3Reilly is pretty funny. I too miss him in SI. Feherty, I run hot and cold with him. Sometimes he's really funny, other times he borders on just plain stupid. I miss Peter Jacobson, now that guy is funny. Has he written anything yet?

I'm with you. I used to tune in to Feherty's show all the time, but it got to be borderline ridiculous.

Jacobsen writes a blog, but it's more about his events business. He does sing, though, and he's pretty funny on stage!

Feherty has definitely gotten a little more ridiculous during his shoes (i.e. jumping in the water at Keegan's house), but I think his show has become infinitely better.  He's a much better host as he now has more experience.  The interview with Tom Watson was one of the best I've seen.  I don't mind the ridiculousness but I can see where others would be turned off.  But if you can ignore that stuff, the rest of the show is top notch.

•  

Feherty makes me laugh........

• 5292 points

Mondo
    I was hoping this post was referring to those of us in the North, Midwest or East that aren't able to play golf and was "missing the links"...

Very funny!!  You can extend that pretty far south as we are blanketed in ice today in Dallas and the city is shut down.  Thought about finding some orange balls and playing....  ok, maybe not.  I think the weather in the 20's with ice everywhere crosses the line.

• 1146 points

Feherty always has top-notched guests and their quite interesting. He is able to show us a side of these guys like no one else has done before him, but...

• 4617 points

Mike_C
    MondoI was hoping this post was referring to those of us in the North, Midwest or East that aren't able to play golf and was "missing the links"...

Very funny!!  You can extend that pretty far south as we are blanketed in ice today in Dallas and the city is shut down.  Thought about finding some orange balls and playing....  ok, maybe not.  I think the weather in the 20's with ice everywhere crosses the line.

Geez! Ice in Dallas and here on Cape Cod the temps are quite moderate for this time of the year - dawn springs forth at a balmy 32 or so but sunny and clear! The ground is clear, but recently each day that might be playable as far a temperature is concerned it has rained.. Many courses here are still open..I guess it isn't too expensive to put someone in the pro shop to collect greens fees and one person to pour warm libations!

•  

I love watching Feherty, Like professor said  his guess always make for an interesting show. I like the silliness because without silliness life in this country gets pretty depressing with what we have for leadership.