Forums

Missing Links

•  

Have any of you read the book, Missing Links by Rick Reilly?  It's one of the funniest golf books i have read. Fixing to order the sequel,  Shanks For Nothing.

•  

I haven't read that one, Sammy, though I did read "Who's Your Caddy?"  I miss Rick Reilly in Sports Illustrated. I'll have to check these two out.

• 4943 points

Reilly's book has been on my list of "to-read" for sometime. Thanks for the reminder  -- I'll pick it up this weekend!.

• 2721 points

Another short but funny golf book is David Feherty's , " A Nasty  nasty Bit Of Rough" . It is part of my annual winter golf withdrawal

program.

•  

i have looked at them, but haven't gotten them yet.  i think rick reilly is really hit or miss.  some of his articles and tv "shorts" i like, and some i hate.  not much middle ground.  i think he's knowledgable and a good writer, but i also feel he has an entitled and privileged outlook on things.  and i think he lets that into his writings with passive-bragging.

•  

I too read "Who's Your Caddy" and spent a fair amount of time laughing at that. Will need to pick up his latest.

•  

Sammy, it seems many of us have read, "Who's Your Caddy". I'll have to check out the newer books. Thanks for the review.

•  

Sounds like 2 great reads to add to my Christmas list.

•  

I thought "the Missing Link" was a book about Shaun and Sasquatch

TT

•  

I haven't read who's your caddie or Feherty's book but they just got put on my list.

•  

Nelbass
    I haven't read who's your caddie or Feherty's book but they just got put on my list.

i've read one or two of Feherty's books and they are worth the read.  very humorous.

•  

My copies of "Missing Links" and "Shanks for Nothing" arrived today - Given the weather headed this way, this weekend may be a great time for some reading.

•  

I was hoping this post was referring to those of us in the North, Midwest or East that aren't able to play golf and was "missing the links"...hahahahahaha

Haven't read either of the books but thanks for the heads up...will look into picking them up.

• 1393 points

Reilly is pretty funny. I too miss him in SI. Feherty, I run hot and cold with him. Sometimes he's really funny, other times he borders on just plain stupid. I miss Peter Jacobson, now that guy is funny. Has he written anything yet?

•  

Mondo
    I was hoping this post was referring to those of us in the North, Midwest or East that aren't able to play golf and was "missing the links"...hahahahahaha

Haven't read either of the books but thanks for the heads up...will look into picking them up.

Hahahaha.