Forums

What would it take for you to join another Ambassador program?

• 5177 points

Golfchick broke some very interesting news here hours ago with the announcement of competing companies that they plan to offer loyalty programs through online social media. And several of the stalwart and prominent Ambassadors have received invites to join the competition's efforts. Responses have been 100%  a polite "no thank you."

We will see where loyalties lie - I would think that like professional golfers, the only way to sway folks to "jump ship" and join other sites will be to offer MONEY or the amateur equivalent - Would you post on another site and laud their products if they offered you a trip to St. Andrews? Or Pebble? Rory answered that question....

What would you do? How much filthy lucre would it take to pry you away from our site.? I, for one, am NOT going ANYWHERE!!

FJ is listening on this one, I am sure..

• 5050 points

Well, if you use their products, then what's the problem? That said, I use FJ's shoes but was tempted to try out a pair of Ecco's earlier this year. But after lots of research and trials, I decided against it.

•  

Pistol, the loyalty programs actually do offer cash plus "gear" from the companies. It also requires that you be "super-knowledgeable" about their products.

So what are those criteria? How do they know that someone won't totally screw up their customer relations with some well-intentioned, but totally inaccurate statements? I guess they are assuming that if someone's getting a stipend of some kind, no matter how modest, they will be committed to being sure the answer is correct,

•  

I am good with being an FJA, thank you.

•  

Fully concur, Chris.  I cannot see myself changing loyalty programs relating to golf because I am FJ and Titleist committed.  That said, I do enter the occasional contest that offers other manufacturers' equipment, just because it's a contest.  If I were to ever win, I most likely would sell the itemY ) ***s) and use the funds for more Titleist or FJ gear.  Can never have enough of the best.

• 1776 points

Applauding  an lesser product line makes no sense to me.

•  

My loyalty cannot be purchased..... My loyalty lies in history of having great experiences with products.  It's deepen by meeting several team members of the companies.

You can't get me to wear anything non-FJ and I won't play anything non-Titleist.  

•  

I have had offers to move to TM, I just don't like the equipment.  I like the products that Acushnet offers and feel they sit me.  They have been good to me in the past and have earned my loyalty over the years.  It will take more than a quick payoff to make me change my loyalty.

•  

On the "chance" that I would switch.  It would have to be to a company that can consistently offer a better product than what Acushnet offers us through their brands.  In my opinion that option is not out there and does not seem to be coming any time soon.

FJ/Titleist offer the best quality in the game for my game.

TT

•  

OK, let me put this candor out there.

I use TM clubs and have for several years, especially the driver and fairways. This year I added irons after getting dialed in by my club-fitter. My wedges and putter have been Acushnet products for nearly 13 years, and I use them because they fit my game.

I mention this because I use what works and I am not shy about telling people about that fact. So when I got the e-mail yesterday I went to the first landing page to see what it was about. That first landing page was NOT where I was expecting to go, and it IMMEDIATELY soured me to the potential intent of the opportunity. So I went back to the invite and re-read it and made some decisions about if I was going to invest my time in the whole thing.

In short, that decision was no. Why? because a brand that has any relevance to me needs to be authentic, and needs to extend that authenticity through everything that it stands for and does. From the moment I landed here in 2009 this community has been very open, honest, candid, and real. There was no pretense about being something other than a location for folks who love the FJ product portfolio to provide feedback and exchange thoughts.

The TM experience seemingly is being built the way that some brands today operate, which is if I need to get something from you, that I need to entice you in some way. Frankly, that's way too phony, way too contrived, and frankly, manipulative on both sides of the interaction. A truly loyal advocate shares their thoughts regardless of if they have any "bounties" for their thinking.

In spite of how I feel about their products I will not be part of that group.

•  

I'm probably one of the few on here that doesn't use Titleist clubs (yet).  But the clubs I do use are from a company I believe in just as much as Acushnet.  If they offered a loyalty program, I would probably join.  However, there isn't a shoe or apparel brand that could even make me think about switching.  FJ has been too good to me and has continually offered the highest quality shoe on the market.  Heck, I wore the same pair of Dry Joys for over 10 years and they are still waterproof!  Why would I ever consider switching from that????  I just don't see any company being able to match the personal commitment and service FJ has provided.  What Chris and Devin have done with this site is simply amazing.  To think of all the friendships that have come from a simple little golf forum blows my mind.  When I signed up here, I never expected to make so many friends and enjoy my time here so much.

•  

FOLKS, I HAVE BEEN AN ACUSHNET FAN FOR MORE YEARS THAN MOST OF YOU HAVE BEEN ALIVE.

MY LAST SET OF CLUBS WERE ACUSHNET COBRAS BECAUSE,AS IN ALL LINES OF THE GOLF GAME,,,ACUSHNET MAKES THE BEST THERE IS AVAILABLE FOR WHATEVER YOUR GOLF NEEDS ARE,,,, IRONS,WOODS,WEDGES,PUTTERS,SHOES,GLOVES,APPARELL,HATS,BALLS.......

YOU NAME IT AND ACUSHNET MAKES THE BEST.

COULD ANY GOLF SUPPLIER PAY ME ENOUGH TO SWITCH,,,,,,,,,,DUH!!!,,,,,WHAT DO YOU THINK,,,LOL,LOL.

•  

I have tried most of the other brands in the past Wilson Staff, Callaway, Taylormade, Adiadas, Nike, and I am very pleased with with FJ and Titleist products.  I feel that I have reached the top of the mountain and an offer from the brands I have tried could no longer be of benefit to me.