Forums

Dreams Are Made to be Realized!

• 5276 points

NEVER stop chasing your dream! This is a very cool story everyone should read:

www.pga.com/.../100-year-old-plays-pinehurst-first-time

• 1362 points

Wow!...is all I can say as I sit here reading in awe. What a great achievement!

• 5276 points

EXACTLY what I thought as well Joe...

• 1684 points

That is awesome, and something to take to heart.  Thanks for sharing.

• 5142 points

Nice article. I have an uncle who is 96 and still plays 4-5 times a week (only plays 9 these days).  While his handicap has gone up from his younger days --  from a 7 to 15. He loves the game and is constantly trying to improve. On his 95th b-day he golfed with his kids and even had a hole in one!  He's an inspiration to me and I hope I'm as fit and capable when I'm his age.

•  

Cool article. I can't imagine playing golf at 100 if I live that long. Just waking up would be an accomplishment.

•  

25 MORE YEARS FOR ME,,,,,WOW, THAT WOULD BE A GREAT BIRTHDAY PRESENT.

LIKE SAMMY SAYS I HOPE I CAN STILL WALK AROUND AT THAT AGE,,,,,MUCH LESS PLAY.

• 2002 points

I wonder what his score was, since the article didn't say.  It was likely a lot lower than mine would have been.

• 3070 points

Very cool story , got a few I would to tee it up at hopefully it will be before I hit the century mark. A really cool story, good for that "youngster".

•  

The article does say he did not shoot his age, but also notes that he still had fun.  Hope to have an opportunity to do something similar in just over 30 years.  

•  

Inspiring article....Thanks for posting.

• 1858 points

What a wonderful story.

• 1435 points

wow, now that's inspiring...