Forums

Best / Worst Golf Announcers

•  

bholley

Cary Middlecoff was an excellant announcer For a little golf history go to:

http://www.cbssports.com/cbssports/news/031005masters3

for a complete list of everyone who has worked the Masters.

Middlecoff is an often overlooked golfer and announcer - even sometimes here in Memphis where he lived.   

•  

memphisunited

bholley

Cary Middlecoff was an excellant announcer For a little golf history go to:

http://www.cbssports.com/cbssports/news/031005masters3

for a complete list of everyone who has worked the Masters.

Middlecoff is an often overlooked golfer and announcer - even sometimes here in Memphis where he lived.   

Plus there can be no doubt what so ever Dr. Middlecoff was the greatest pro golfer who was also a dentist.

•  

Anybody with David Feherty is good with me.

•  

I don't care for Johnny Miller and I just don't get Feherty's humor. I like Faldo's view points.

•  

Can't stand Jim N., especially at Augusta.

• 5657 points

The mellifulous dulcet tones and stylings of the oh so smooth Peter Aliss....

•  

I can't stand McCord-  he tries to be so cheeky and it just comes off as lame in my opinion.  

I love Feherty.  He's by far my favorite.  Second to him would be Rodger.  Nota is coming around too; I think he'll be good the longer he sticks around.  Pepper is a good one too.  I'm still up in the air on Faldo.  

Miller is fun to hate, and he clearly was an incredible player, and he's not afraid to share that cough...63 at Oakmont...cough.  He also says some stuff that I can't believe- see BP Oil Spill/DJ comment.  One of those "wow I can't believe he said that" moments.

• 1735 points

Feherty is my favorite, with Peter Jacobsen right behind him.  Faldo is gaining ground as a quality announcer.  

Johnny Miller is up on the list of people to throw into the sun, right next to Brent Musberger

•  

Wish Johnny Miller would retire,  after a few interactions with him I just don't like Faldo (sorry, Sir Nick). Really like Fererty and Maltby. I think Nota is starting to get really good too.  On the fence with Nance and don't care for Tillman.

•  

Agree, time for Johnny to go marching home.....but just love that crazy Irishman, but wait a minute, David says he is now an American citizen and proud of it.....he makes me laugh and he knows he stuff......who is you favorite on course....met Val Skinner and she is something else.....worked with Blackmar during wormen's US Am....nice guy....

•  

You gotta like Billy Ray announcer for the Champions tour.  Anybody that goes by Billy Ray is good in my book. (Billy Ray Cyrus not included)

• 657 points

I think the CBS crew as a whole is great.  I like Feherty for color commentary, Faldo for player analysis, and Kostis for swing analysis.  

•  

I'm not sure about Faldo.  I couldn't believe how he ripped Sergio for his good-good with Fowler.  I understand he didn't agree with it, but he went on and on about it.  I think Sergio could have coughed in the middle of Fowler's swing and Faldo would have been easier on him.  That's just one example, but there have been a few others that make me wonder.