Forums

Community Only : FJ Make Every Day Playable Sweepstakes!

•  

Welcome to the board Bro.  Glad to hear you mentor, coach and friend is doing well.  Horrible to hear about bad accidents, but also glad to know he is doing better.

• 203 points

For 8 years i was a high school golf coach in Southern California. Recent changes have found my new home in south Florida. over the years, I've been blessed to have had many high quality girls on my team, both as golfers and more importantly as people despite the number of players. But because the team size has been especially small the last couple of years, by seasons-end, we typically find (feel) ourselves to be much more than a 'coach and his team'--it's like we have become a family. Because i was leaving the school, the state and the girls, they decided to surprise me and give me a great going-away gift. They all met at the 9-hole facility where i teach junior golf classes and we all played a round of golf...all together! It was amazing to watch them in a non-competitive situation, laughing and kidding around on each hole with one-another. Despite the fun-natured round it was, they all still made sure they repaired ball marks, never played out of turn, raked bunkers, etc. A nice testament to see that they, by habit, still respected their peers and the golf course. As darkness began to fall, it became more difficult to watch the flight of our golf balls and apparent that we would struggle to complete our final round as a 'team'. One of the girls suddenly remembered a drill i had had them do where we would just use our 'putters' to play a hole. So that's what we did! We grabbed our flat-sticks and played away. It was awesome as a coach to witness the smiles, the camaraderie between the girls and the sheer sense of satisfaction. Of course, there were plenty of 'thank you's' and 'we'll miss you's' afterwards. Fortunately, I the sadness of our departure will be replaced by the fond memories we will all share for a lifetime.

• 8 points

My favorite memory of golf was seventh grade. After catching the bug from my grandpa, I fired a smooth 49 in my first high school golf match.Ever since this has been my standard and my drive to get better and better until I have reached my peak performance.

• 3 points

I won a trip to Ponte Vedra Florida to golf with Natalie Gulbis and had the best time in my life.  Plus my dear mother had just passed away and I needed some Mike time to relax.  

• 3 points

I recently met up with a friend from school that I hadn't seen in over 40 years.  We played golf at a local public course and had a great time.  I am thankful for our opportunity to golf together.  We talked about golfing until we could no longer find our golf balls in the snow.  We could use some warm gear to make this happen!       

• 19 points

Thanks FJ for the great gear.  I just went to a Web.com qualifer in chilly Dallas and wore my 5 year old FJ jacket, kept me warm all day.  Better than working.

• 348 points

My dream round has become a lot "simpler" as I grow older. My dream round is walking my home course with my complete golf group.  As we grow older with our kids, it's tough to get the whole group together.  When we are a complete group, it becomes less about the round and more about the day hanging out.

• 208 points

Devin_Gmitter
    With Thanksgiving just around the corner, FJ thanks you for your continued support of the FJ Community and brand with a Layer Up Sweepstakes.

Don't let a little cold weather thwart all the practice you've put in this year.  At FJ, our goal is to "Make Every Day Playable", so let's extend your golf season as long as possible! 'Tis the season to bundle up and face the elements for some holiday golf and good cheer. How do you enter? Simply reply to this thread and tell us about a golf experience that makes you thankful. Maybe a valuable lesson, a dream round, or meeting your best friend on the links - anything that has made you thankful for the game of golf.

Two winners will be randomly selected on 11/25/13 and they may choose any DryJoys Tour XP outerwear piece, a Performance Mid Layer, and a ProDry Performance Thermal Base Layer.

REMINDER : To enter you must have a community profile. If you do not have one, click here to register for the FJ Community - www.footjoy.com/.../register.asp

Deadline for entry is 12:00 pm ET on 11/23/13.  Void where prohibited. Open to US residents 18 years or older.  For additional rules and regulations click here.

POSTS ALSO GO THROUGH A HUMAN MODERATOR, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT WHEN WAITING FOR YOUR POST TO APPEAR. 

DO NOT SUBSCRIBE TO THIS FORUM THREAD, YOU WILL RECEIVE HUNDREDS OF EMAILS IF YOU DO!

I'm  thankful for all the dedicated people at foot joy that understand the game and all the improvement's that they make to help us all improve are game!!!!!

• 3 points

a better year is what i'm thankful for a little more golf and great family

•  

The winners are "Galvinator" and "RichieWirth."   They will be notified via email.

•  

Congrats!

• 166 points

Nice goin'!

• 5298 points

Congrats on the wins!  Enjoy the new gear and layering up with FJ.

• 3 points

Being able to wear top notch clothing and shoes is priceless! 

•  

Devin_Gmitter
    The winners are "Galvinator" and "RichieWirth."   They will be notified via email.

CONGRATS TO THE WINNERS !!!

DARN,,,I COULD HAVE USED THOSE IN THIS LOUSY WEATHER.