Forums

Community Only : FJ Make Every Day Playable Sweepstakes!

• 3 points

Several years ago on A Saturday morning I broke 80 for the first time (78).  After the round I joined some other friends for a second round of the day,  I didn't break 80 but I got my first and only (at this time) HOLE IN ONE!  My friends happily helped me celebrate my day.

• 228 points

My golf experience is about a loss.  When I moved back to Alabama from Ohio, I joined Burningtree Country Club to find a new group to play with on the weekends.  I played with a number of different group until I found one that I seem to fit in with.  One of the members of that group was a gentleman by the name of Mike Ashworth.  Mike was a Sales Manager for a steel company and had an outgoing personality that could light up a room any time any where.  Famous for McCallum 15 and a good cigar.  Always had something nice or more likely funny to say.  Many stories followed Mike like the Ashworth fade which was when his hook became a slight draw.  When he hit a great drive or made a long putt, a spontaneous dance step like something out of a bad Riverdance reveu broke out followed by "getcha some of that".    One of the best lines about Mike I ever heard was from another member of our little Saturday morning group who said, "no matter how bad my week has been, by the second hole with Mike it was completely forgotten."

A couple of days before Christmas 2012, we lost Mike to a massive heart attack at the age of 62.  I only played with Mike for 3 years but he left me something very special.  Each Saturday when I mark my ball, I mark it with a red "A" to remind me how Mike approach the game of golf.  There should be a great positive energy that goes with golf.  Mike helped me put golf in the right place and increased my enjoyment every weekend.  I grind just as hard as I ever did to shoot the best round I can but I try to take a little of Mike with me each round and make sure I laugh and smile a lot each time I tee it up.  Thanks Mike.  We miss you every day.

• 131 points

Being a golfer from western SD, I'm thankful that we have the opportunity to golf almost year round. I have die hard friends that don't mind layering up to get out on the course this time of the year.  Scores don't really matter, it the friendships that mean the most and maybe a little bragging at the 19th hole!

• 9 points

I am simply thankful to be in position where I have the ability and option to play 365 days a year and being able to teach and pass on a game and tradition that will give a lifetime of learning and enjoyment to my daughters.

• 203 points

I am thankful just to be able to keep playing the game of golf,after 3 back surgeries,i did not think that i would be able to play

again.Even though i have lost distance off the tee,i am still pretty accurate with my irons and wedges.Being able to play still sure helps me ease my mind. Thanks FJ !!

• 3 points

I am thankful to be able to golf pretty much all year around living in southern Virginia and also that i am still able to golf with my father who is 73 and all my close friends.  I hope to be able to golf into my 70's and that my dad is a great inspiration that anyone at any age can play golf.

• 520 points

I am thankful for one of the last rounds I ever played with my father.. He always wanted me to take up the game of golf but I always had other interests. That particular day everything clicked. We had the best time together and laughed and joked and played some really good golf. Needless to say I was hooked and have been now for about 30 years. Thanks Dad!

• 3 points

Just Happy to get out and play with great friends this Saturday in the annual Turkey Shoot

• 223 points

I'm thankful for all of the technology that goes into gofling. The balls along with all the equipment makes everyone better golfers. The clothes help make me feel great looking while on the course, and the foul weather gear helps me play longer in the year. It gets colder earlier , and I am able to  play as long as I can.

Thank You Foot Joy, Titleist, and Scotty Cameron

• 245 points

When golfing I like explain to my golfing partners were the woods / ponds / hazards are on some holes.  I feel that the should know before teeing off.  I like to tell jokes on the course to make people laugh.   Golf is fun and relaxing for me.  GOD BLESS our great golf course in Wisconsin.

• 286 points

Even if i live in the snow belt and even if I have a couple of hearniated discs that prevented me to play a lot of golf this year, I am thankful to be alive, to have a healthy family live in an area that hasn't been hit by any natural catastrophy.

I embraced fully from head to toe and from putter to driver to bag the FJ/Titleist/Scotty Cameron/Acushnet brands a year after i started playing golf. Needless to say: best equipment on the market!

• 220 points

Every day on the golf course is a blessing of nature.

• 10 points

I am thankful to still have all of mf teeth after being hit in the face by an errant tee shot .Bob

• 6 points

No particular golf memory, but I enjoy every round I play.  Even if I don't play my best.

• 3 points

Golf has been a great uniter for me and my family and friends.  A lot of family and friends live all over the place, so it's hard to get together regularly, but golf is one thing that we make sure to do when we visit each other.  There is just something about being out on the links that produces a thankfulness for life, vitality, nature, and relationships.