Forums

Golf tip - and lots of FJ!

•  

Here's a tip from Michael Breed/Golf Channel/Golf Fix with Stephanie Kenoyer, who was recently eliminated from Big Break NFL. Michael, of course, is a FJ/Titleist guy, but Stephanie's wearing FJ, too! It's a good tip if you struggle with pitch shots.

http://www.golfchannel.com/media/big-break-academy-stefanie-short-game-help/?cid=facebook_bb_V_BBASTEFANIESHORTGAMETIP

•  

Hey, I have that shirt too!

This is a great tip for pitching around the green, and similar to a tip my instructor gave me years ago. He also added the tip of pitching a single ball and then going to putt it out (a la Harvey Pennick) so you could practice what the value of that single pitch is worth.

Great tips.

•  

Consider myself pretty good around the greens, but do appreciate the tip Chris.  Use my Gap wedge a lot but see that I might consider the Pitching wedge and in particular leave the face a little more open.  My Gap is a Vokey and find that it does dig on ocassions and my PW is an AP2 and their soles are much different.  I very rarely use a Sandwedge around the green and ofter use 7, 8, or 9 defending on the lie.  I really appreciate this tip and will put it too use next round.  I think the BIG tip I picked up is leaving the face a little open and holding the finish.  Again, THANKS......chuck