Forums

Weird Day of Golf

•  

Ever have one of those days when everything just seems to work out right no matter how bad you try to mess it up.  Mr Shank showed up this am at least four times and I was still able to salvage a smooth 75....eight boogies.....five pars.....and five birdies....having my putter adjusted did pay off.....23 putts......five two putts and the rest one putts.......or maybe it was my new red FJ shirt.......guess I should smile and take my wife out to lunch...... : )

• 1362 points

Nice one Chuck, good job there especially with the putter. I had one of those other days. Completely smooth and controlled tempo on the range with great contact and direction. Fades and draws worked well. On the course however, different story. 3 putted 9 times. I think it's time to get my putter checked. My new FJ sports boa 2012 season are on the way. Can't wait to get rid if my current 3 stripe shoes. I know for sure it was the shoes that screwed up my putting. I have to see them on every putt so they were distracting and causing misalignment. ;)

•  

Definitely a red letter day, Chuck.  That's some day of putting.  Best I can recall having was 10 one putts in a single round; you had 13!

• 1146 points

sounds like a beautiful day.

•  

And ruin a great day Chuck? LOL J/K Sounds like you had a pretty good day of golf.

• 4131 points

Clean living! Chuck.

•  

MarkWDallasTx
    Clean living! Chuck.

Mark........No retirement and playing four days a week helps.....clean living, right......had blood pressure taken the other day....116 over 64, which is normal for me and the assistant, said people would die for this and really laughed out loud.......Joseph, if you are looking at your shoes instead of the ball, WELL need I say more......lunch turned out well also.....taking my game to Memphis Thursday......Chuck

•  

pulplvr
    Definitely a red letter day, Chuck.  That's some day of putting.  Best I can recall having was 10 one putts in a single round; you had 13!

I'll take a ten one putt day any day....just leave those three putts in the bag......great job......  ;-)

• 5298 points

Sounds like a pretty good day of golf to me Chuck.  A little bot of a rollercoaster round.  Hope your wife enjoyed the dinner!