Forums

The End....

•  

TNT009

Well it rained here last nite and is cloudy now.... But still very playable, nothing a windshirt and pants can't cure!    

I know, it was horrible yesterday at Coronado! Winds blowing 15 to 16 mph, temps in the mid 60's, and a 3 1/2 hour round walking. I even wore a long sleeve wind shirt the whole time. Of course, I still was wearing shorts, not quite cold enough for long pants. :-) If you listen intently, you might be able to hear me laughing at our plight. :-)

• 2490 points

well for the guy that started this post I will add an update -- played 18 on Friday the 15th with temp of 54, sunny and almost no wind - a wonderful day and birdied the last hole a Par 5.  what a way to finish the last day of wisconsin golf.  but wait there is more played 9 on the 16th -- misty drizzle, high 40's to low 50's and parred my last hole ---  this i declare is the End as my club closes for the season after Sunday ( temps high 50,s but 70 to 80% chance of rain with storms and lightning.  I am thru here.  It has been a good year and now look forward to a few golf trips and a month in Florida in February.  

And to all you wise guys in those warm climates ...... oops probably would have my post rejected if I said what us in the northern states were thinking..... Cheers :)    

•  

Charleston had a beautiful day today.  Low 60s when we teed off at 7am and a great day for a walk, mid 70s by the time we finished.  Felt great in my short sleeve shirt and wish I had worn shorts.  Course was in great shape!

• 1393 points

don't rub it in chuck...

mid 50s in the dc area today but i spent the day packing up my wife's house. recently married to an awesome woman who loves me and let's me play golf. how cool is that? We drove by the local driving range and she giggled at me as i looked over longingly to see how many people were out there. tomorrow...

• 697 points

Today in Salt Lake City, it's supposed to warm up to a balmy 30 degrees, with fog and inversion (yuck). Lots of snow on the ground, so gollf has been over for about three weeks. Been as low as 6 degrees in the AM. Lucky there's two heated driving ranges a few miles from the house

• 5052 points

RMH49
    Today in Salt Lake City, it's supposed to warm up to a balmy 30 degrees, with fog and inversion (yuck). Lots of snow on the ground, so gollf has been over for about three weeks. Been as low as 6 degrees in the AM. Lucky there's two heated driving ranges a few miles from the house

And some of the best skiing in the Lower 48 is within a 45 minute drive!! Truly some spectacular mountains in the Salt Lake area...

•  

Guess we will move our tee time up to around noon tomorrow.....so that we can play in 60 degree weather....hate those 40 degree damp mornings.....hard to a get the chill of the body even layered up.....guess we not as warm as those guys in California but we still get  to play......have a tee time for 1049 on Thursday.....also tough being retired......I put in my time.....5.5  years in the military, 20 years civilian sector, 22 years state government.  So I guess I can gloat a little....and enjoy life......grew up on a working farm and joined the military to get away from the farm......hardest work I ever did in my life.....but probably the most enjoyable.....

• 4852 points

Sunny and 65 here today.

• 1745 points

I played in a parent/child scramble Sunday.  Tee time temp was 39, with a windchill in the high 20s.  Big thanks to FJ for making great outerwear that kept me warm.  My son (age 5) and I each were wearing 3 shirts and 2 pairs of pants.  

We had a great time and I have to hand it to the little guy, he didn't complain once.  He kept saying how much fun he was having and that he wanted to drive the cart.  We finished second to last, but it benefited Toys for Tots, so it was all worth it.  

•  

Snow Monday and yesterday, but suppose to be 65 by Sunday.  Hoping the rain holds off and I can sneak out on the course.  Will almost certainly be the last chance for golf until spring.

•  

Devin_Gmitter
    etakmitNo snow here yet.  Although its forecast tomorrow.  We'll be back near 50 this weekend but it's definitely not going to last!  Same here! Playing half way decent right now too!

Doesn't everyone always play decent right at the end of their golf season...that's why this game is so darn frustrating here in the midwest and north...just when you figure out your game and things start going good...its the end of the season

• 5052 points

Mondo
    Devin_GmitteretakmitNo snow here yet.  Although its forecast tomorrow.  We'll be back near 50 this weekend but it's definitely not going to last!  Same here! Playing half way decent right now too!

Doesn't everyone always play decent right at the end of their golf season...that's why this game is so darn frustrating here in the midwest and north...just when you figure out your game and things start going good...its the end of the season

This is indeed why Florida and airplanes exist...extend that season!