Forums

Got my 714 irons yesterday - 714 Release Day!

• 1643 points

Did anyone else order new 714 irons? My irons arrived yesterday 4-9 AP2 714 with C-Taper S+ and a 714 MB PW with C-Taper S+.

•  

Received mine on Tuesday and started playing with them Wednesday.......714 AP2S 5-PW XP95 S300 Shafts....love them.... : )

• 1643 points

Any differences that you noticed?

I saw on the spec sheet that the 6 iron - PW are 1 degree stronger than the 712's. Also it looks to me like the sole is more rounded. It's too cold, windy and gray today here in NJ to hit them but I did have them tuned in by my club guy.

•  

Finally took mine out of the box yesterday; 712U 4, 5 & 6 CB, 7-P MB. All D4 swingweight, DG S300 tipped an inch.

•  

• 2770 points

Just got the call  - can  pick up my  714 AP1 set on Monday morning  can't wait !!

•  

Adam62482
    Any differences that you noticed?

I saw on the spec sheet that the 6 iron - PW are 1 degree stronger than the 712's. Also it looks to me like the sole is more rounded. It's too cold, windy and gray today here in NJ to hit them but I did have them tuned in by my club guy.

I still play a 710 CB MB combo set, but I have hit the 714 AP2.  I was shocked how well I could flight them, a huge surprise for me.

•  

Based on my experience with the new 714 AP-2s at the TT Invitational at Wolfdancer, the new AP-2s are stronger and a second gap wedge has been added to the line as a result to help folks fill their gaps better.  I found the new models were longer (stronger loft, duh) and much easier to pick cleanly off the range and the fairway.  The latter comes form changes to the bottoms curve of the iron.  Other changes are not as visible, but include changes to how the clubs are weighted.  Talk to your Titleist rep to get the full details.

•  

19hole

wow Rick!  I'm not sure what looks nicer, the new clubs or the wine collection.

•  

Good luck to all of you with the new sticks.

•  

Received yesterday but I had to go out of town on business today.  Can't wait to break them in Saturday morning!

•  

19hole

After seeing those wine bottles, reminded me I need to throw in my flask for tomorrow morning.....you know to knock off the morning chill.........

• 1135 points

Congrats on the new sticks! I just dropped a not so subtle hint to my wife for a Christmas present.

• 1652 points

Getting fitted for mine this coming week.  Going with AP2 with XP95 S300 shafts.  I have been testing them out for two weeks and have hit every combination we have at our course.  Two separate pros told me the combo I selected was dialed in right for me.  So now have to order them up and plop down my credit card.  

• 4937 points

19hole
    Finally took mine out of the box yesterday; 712U 4, 5 & 6 CB, 7-P MB. All D4 swingweight, DG S300 tipped an inch.

@19thHole --

D4 -- wow, you are a strong guy :)

If you ever get around to it, and since you have access to the scale, I would be interested to know how close to D4 your clubs actually weigh.