Forums

Putter Tuneup and Lesson Learned

•  

Good tip, Chuck.  thnx!

•  

Chuck glad you are on track with your putter!

• 4617 points

Nice going Chuck. As Jack Nicklaus averred, you don' t need a short game of astounding precision if you strike the ball well and leave yourself 10 footers for birdie..

What, so far, are you finding surprising about the new irons?

•  

TNT009
    So throwing it after a three jack isn't a good thing?

Only if it lands flat on the ground or on the handle end and not the head...

• 810 points

Does this mean I can blame my poor putting on my leaning on the club?  lol

• 1123 points

TNT009
    So throwing it after a three jack isn't a good thing?

I just walk silently with my Scotty and tell it to start putting better or I will throw it in the river and move on.  Seems to work for me.  And I guess I will be sending mine in for a spa day and have it reset to spec.  

•  

Broc55
    Does this mean I can blame my poor putting on my leaning on the club?  lol

Not really, but what we are saying is that if clubs are out of allignment it can effect the way the ball rolls......practice also helps......you still have to line it up and stroke it and get it to the hole......   : )

•  

holy cow, was it originally "adjusted" on the course after a bad putt?  just kidding, thanks for sharing the experience.

• 3688 points

Chuck, thanks for the reminder.  It never hurts to have all of your irons and putter checked.  Especially if you know you may have had a few ... "occurrences" with them.  It's easy to get them out of whack!