Forums

Next Big Break: Florida, February

•  

The next edition of The Big Break will be at Amelia Plantation, Florida. They have, thankfully, gone back to their roots of making it a competition for young golfers trying to make it on Tour. This iteration will feature an all-female cast. It's already been filmed, and will premiere Feb. 24.

Here's the news release. It gives a summary of Big Break winners who are currently playing on Tour. Tommy Gainey is the only male competitor, which seems kind of crazy given his odd swing. Several of the women are playing LPGA golf, and two have made Solheim Cup teams. 

http://www.golfchannel.com/news/press-releases/golf-channels-big-break-series-chooses-sunshine-state-as-backdrop-for-21st-season/?cid=facebook_bb_p_bbfloridalocationpr_nov4

• 4617 points

21 years??! Wow! THE franchise on the Golf Channel! Glad to see them get back to the original premise - enough jibber jabber with NFL, and others...

•  

Thanks for the heads up Chris. I love the show but didn't watch the NFL version.

•  

Thanks for the heads up Chris. I love the show but didn't watch the NFL version.

• 1160 points

I really like the struggling players concept.

•  

Interesting release Chris, Thanks.

• 2383 points

Nice to see that they are getting back to their roots as far as focus on getting on tours.  I will definitely watch the new episodes.  I have played those courses and spend time on Amelia Island.  

• 3688 points

I love the big break shows and this one will be nice to see due to their refocusing.  I cannot wait to watch it!

•  

The women tend to have the smoothest swings.  They seem to hit it just right and not put too much emphasis on "smashing" the ball.  It should be a good season.

As far as the current season, not too bad.  I am certainly not a Chris Doleman fan at all.  He may have the biggest ego off the field that carried him on the field.  Hopeing his team in on the way out next week, wouldn't miss his mug AT ALL!!!!

•  

I am not a big fan of the show, particularly the NFL edition.  This one coming up in Feb might actually be worth watching.  These ladies are hungry to make the tour and should create some good competition and good golf shots.....have to put it on my calendar.....

• 1146 points

no, that can't be 21 years. GC hasn't been around that long.  They must've aired multiple seasons in the same year.

• 1146 points

this has been the weakest season...except for chris doleman. is that guy whack or what?

• 1146 points

i like fish and campbell though. i want to see them put doleman in his place...golf-wise of course. he just seems to be insecure about his game because despite a low single digit handicap, he often doesn't seem to know what he's doing.

•  

It is the 21st season of the Big Break, not the 21st year. It seems like they always have at least two a year.