Forums

How is this for a 36 hole extravaganza??!

• 5531 points

I am waiting for my invite...

golfweek.com/.../jordan-spieth-augusta-national-pine-valley-same-da

I'd settle for playing these two courses in my lifetime, never mind in a day!

•  

I read the same a week or so ago, what an awesome opportunity!  Can't imagine there are many people who played those two courses on the same day.  Hat's off to Jordan and his success this year.

•  

pistolpete

Sounds like a dream golfing day out.......for guys like us we could get on Pine Valley but getting on Augusta would be near impossible.......guess we could try to get on the volunteer list for the Masters and play the Monday after....then drive up to Pinehurst, NC......be exhausted, but well worth it.......

•  

I'd live for The Riv and Cypress!

•  

pistolpete

Ditto! It's amazing what perks come with hard work and talent. I am insanely jealous of Jordan LOL.

• 5531 points

TNT009
    I'd live for The Riv and Cypress!

I have had the pleasure of playing Riviera. It is one heck of a course. If you are a member of a club, you might ask your pro to wrote to the pro at Riviera and arrange a visit. As I recall, the cost was quite reasonable. We played behind a foursome that included Mark McGuire. That guy can hot the ball a mile! My best hole: #2 where I hit a birdie flop shot from 15 yards left of the green. Caddy couldn't believe it and neither could I. Worst hole: #10, #18 are tied. Total score on those 2 holes: 8 over!!! On ten, I hit a lovely drive exactly where the caddy recommended you NOT hit it: just short of the bunker under the right side of the green. The best play is left opening u the length of the green for your approach. My approach hit the green next to the flag and rolled off into the trap behind and left. That sand shot landed next to the hole and rolled into the front trap! Eventually, I hit the shot away from the hole but on the green where three putts were all I needed to finish off an epic voyage on Riviera's famed short bole. 18 was a drive into the cypress trees right and a couple of get out of jail for a price shots...

what a wonderful course and certainly more accessible than most iconic clubs. I was invited to lay Cypress once, but driving rain persuaded the  member to cancel that day. The rain date alas never materialized....

•  

How does it work for players to play Augusta? Can any PGA tour player go play?

•  

I'm sure if you're top 50 and will get invite anyway it's a go...

•  

Some guys have all the luck. A poor chap like me will never get to play either course!!

• 238 points

nice

•  

Never say Never nelbass ..... buy a lottery ticket - you just might win

PS , If you do win the lottery don't forget my invite when you go play Augusta ;-)

•  

definitely a dream day...

•  

Jordan is definitely living the dream right now. He made the right choice to ditch college, but then again, Johny Football could somehow pull that off while still in school :)