Forums

Second Tournament in Five Days

•  

Tomorrow begins the City of Charleston's Senior Men's Amateur Golf Championship.  The open is limited to 112 residing in the tri-county area and we will compete at three levels; Senior  (50-59), Super Senior (60-69), & Super Super Senior (70+), in 54 hole stroke play.  Will be teeing up at 809am and will be looking good in my FJs.....putting my outfits together today......our tee gifts will be FJ L/S windshirts....more to

follow on tournament results and maybe a picture of two.. fairways and greens....game on..... : )

• 1915 points

Good luck Chuck....Fairways & Greens to ya.

•  

Good luck, Chuck.  Sounds like you are knee deep in tournaments when most of us are finishing up their tournament season.  Have fun and play well, we know you will be looking good in your FJ's!

•  

Hey good luck ... again ... CZ. You seem to be in good form so hope you play well.

Do you get Tee gifts at all your tournaments ?

•  

CROCMAN
    Hey good luck ... again ... CZ. You seem to be in good form so hope you play well.

In most tournament we get tee gifts and the payout in gift certificates.  Most entry fees are around $100.  Day 1 of 3 days in the bucket.  Solid 76 and left 4 putts hanging on the cups.  This course had tight fairways, has water on 13 holes and very small greens and they are very slow.  It is a great tract for a muni.....am sending picture of the tee gift (FJ wind shirt) and of course the old man dressed in his FJ........it was such a nice day I thought a good walk was the order of the day......76 degrees, 100% humidity, and 20 mph winds....played havoc with our shots to the greens......

Ripstop LS Windshirt Black  23502 (we had choice or black or navy)

More to come....will tee off on Saturday at 1212......will be flighted for Sundays round tomorrow evening.....chuck : )  

• 5330 points

ChuckZ
    CROCMANHey good luck ... again ... CZ. You seem to be in good form so hope you play well.

In most tournament we get tee gifts and the payout in gift certificates.  Most entry fees are around $100.  Day 1 of 3 days in the bucket.  Solid 76 and left 4 putts hanging on the cups.  This course had tight fairways, has water on 13 holes and very small greens and they are very slow.  It is a great tract for a muni.....am sending picture of the tee gift (FJ wind shirt) and of course the old man dressed in his FJ........it was such a nice day I thought a good walk was the order of the day......76 degrees, 100% humidity, and 20 mph winds....played havoc with our shots to the greens......

Ripstop LS Windshirt Black  23502 (we had choice or black or navy)

More to come....will tee off on Saturday at 1212......will be flighted for Sundays round tomorrow evening.....chuck : )

Good luck tomorrow Chuck! No golf here on Cape Cod today = Winds gusts clocked up to 50 MPH...Toss in a shower or two and only the intrepid ventured out today!! On the plus side, temps were toasty for this time of year around here - mid to upper 60s!! That will come to an end in the next 24 to 48 hours...back to late fall temps in the 40s and 50s...

•  

Just got the results from todays scores:  only five players were under par today in the windy conditions....no surprise....two in the Senior Division (60 players), one in the Super Sr Div (40 players), and two in the Sup Super Sr Division (12 players).....70 was the lowest in my division and lowest score for the day and I finished tied for 8th today with a 76.......need to make up 6 strokes and this guy is good....played against him Monday and Tuesday and Nick is strong.....hard to catch in the lead........as we always say fairways and greens......supposed to be in the 80s tomorrow.....IT'S NOVEMBER........  : )  

•  

Well guys, the second day did not turn out like I anticipated......the greens were very sloooooooow again and inconsistent.....either ran it by the hole trying to get it there or came up short all day.....only had one birdie and it came on #17......80 degree weather and a beautiful day and I looked the FJ look......shot 82 and will find out in the am what flight I am in......hope I luck out and get in the first flight or Championship B to have a chance at placing.......

I think the look on my face says it all.  My wife took the picture when I got home!  : (    Fairways and greens tomorrow and a few putts, please......

•  

It is over and I shot a 76 in the final round for a total of 234.....did not play in the Championship flight but the next flight, which I suspected and finished tied for fourth and won in a playoff........shot 40 on the front but rebounded for an even par on the back with three boogies and three birdies......Mr Scotty finally woke up......and yes fall set in this morning....it was 47 degrees and finally made it up to 60 when we finished with 1-2 two club winds most of the round.......the windshirt came in real handy.......no shorts today......until the next tournement and many thanks for your support.......

Tournament Finals:   Senior Champ - EVEN   Super Sr Champ - +1  Super Super Sr Champ -  -3

TODAYS MEDALIST -  66 in the Super Super Sr Division (but only finished 4th) 30 on back 9