Forums

Tour Stop Closed ?

• 3580 points

Went to their site and browsed about 10 days ago and yesterday I went back and it appears they are closed.  Any one know anything about this ?

•  

Not sure what to think about the site, but the closing of the Tour Stop store in St. Augustine was announced earlier this month -- to focus on global business. Maybe they will rebrand.

•  

i noticed that as well but just assumed they were doing upgrades?

• 3580 points

Ok   I had not heard . Thanks a bunch

•  

Read an article in the Jacksonville News about their closing and it appears that they closed prior to their lease ending......as quoted from the owners in the paper:  Officials with W.C. Bradley, which owns the store, have told their employees and officially announced that the store will close as the lease ends Nov. 30. The store opened in 1998 and is essentially a 31,000-square-foot golf shop that features “an unforgettable shopping and sporting experience,” according to its website. But W.C. Bradley officials say the company is focusing on global market expansion through third-party retailers and a specialty shop is not part of the company’s core vision.  W.C. Bradley is the same company that owns Char-Broil LLC cookware and grilling merchandise along with Zebco, a business focused on equipment for fishing.  A lot of companys are now refocusing, rebranding, rightsizing.........it's all about the $$$$$$...can't blame them.....

• 2102 points

What a shame. I wonder if amazon will be their third party retailer.

•  

Glad I got my two FJ polos before they closed!

•  

Chuck... Great inputs on the financial realities. I know Char-Broil has had some issues lately, as a former colleague of mine from Whirlpool was the CEO at Char-Broil, and has now left.

It's dog eat dog out here in the business world.