Forums

2013 World Series

• 2795 points

Wore my lucky Red Sox/Titleist hat  all day yesterday and we won the first game. Not that I am superstitous but the hat will stay on all week except for showering and bed time. It should be a great series,I doubt The Cards will play as poorly as they did in game 1.

•  

Ive been spoiled the last few years with the SF Giants and the Texas Rangers getting to the series. Unfortunately, no dice for me this year.  Have fun Brian - we are all jealous....any chance you will take batting practice at Fenway prior to game 2?

•  

What a game!  I'm really hoping it will go 7 (so I can see a game), but as long as the Sox win, I'll be a happy guy.  

•  

zacho
    Wore my lucky Red Sox/Titleist hat  all day yesterday and we won the first game. Not that I am superstitous but the hat will stay on all week except for showering and bed time. It should be a great series,I doubt The Cards will play as poorly as they did in game 1.

Redbird fan here.....they did not make that good of a showing.....hopefully we can have a good seven game series.....lack of concentration.......lack of concentration......  : (

•  

Wasn't much of a game.  Hopefully we get to see some better games.

TT

•  

TT, any game where the home team wins is a good game!

• 4493 points

I can't in good conscience root for the Sox (i'm a yankees fan!).  But I also can't root for the cards since they're NL.  So I'm just staying away and watching football/hockey!  Enjoy BB you should have a great time!

•  

I was there last night...Bruin's also were alive and well last night it appeared!

•  

Here are a few pics from last night's game.  I just wished it ended up a bit different, but oh well, its still a chance to get to the WS.  Nice little keepsake came my way too.

•  

Those young (did not realize how young 22,23) hard throwers from St Louis were pretty sharp last night......that radar gun was posting some high numbers......much better performance.......two down five to go.......

•  

Brian - did you catch a foul ball???

•  

Congratulations to all you Red Sox fans.......1918 was a good year and so is 2013......well played......Big Papi is da man.....I know you loved winning it in Fenway......great season and better finish.....go Red Birds......now maybe all these guys will shave those ugly beards.......

• 5351 points

Three titles in ten years....We in Red Sox nation would like to think this is a run of dynastic proportions. Bit the reality is that beyond Pedroia and Ortiz, each team has had dramatically different composition. I'd sat this edition of the Sox had that rare chemistry that seems to be a characteristic found in all good teams, a chemistry that transcends sports teams and is also found I businesses and other organizations that succeed. Egos are shelved, the individuals all work hard to accomplish a common goal. The Cardinals exhibited the same qualities and the outcome of this series could easily have found a championship banner at Busch Stadium instead of Fenway..

•  

Only one....lol, off of Matt Holliday.  I wish it was Dustin's or Papi's but I will take it!

•  

What's going on in NE in the last 10 years? The patriots have won 3 titles, Red Sox 3 titles, the Celtics a few years ago...I can't remember if the Bruins have won, but I know they've been really good lately.