Forums

New Clubs Ordered

•  

Cole,

I went a slightly different way: 712U 4 iron, 5,6 irons are CB and 7-P irons are MB....

•  

One day I hope to hit the MB...  They're just sooo purty!

•  

pulplvr
    MarkWDallasTxChuckZMy friends at my local golf shop called today to say they had the Titleist 714 demos in and asked if I was ready to be fitted.  So off I went to their store and ordered my new 714 AP2s.  I thought about purchasing a mixed set but after hitting the AP2s and AP1s, I found the AP2s to be more consistent and actually longer.  Excited, yes I am....will be more so, when they are shipped on November 1st....purchased the new XP95 shaft stiff, with midsize grips. 5-PW.....

Did they guarantee 3 strokes on your score card? I'm curious what did you fill the gap between Driver and 5 iron with? I see guys going back to woods. I have seen several 7 woods lately.

Mark, when I picked up my 712 AP2s just after they came out, I went with 5-GW, adding two Vokey SM-4 wedges at the low end.  At the top, I replaced my 4 iron with the 910h 24 degree hybrid.  I already had functioning 3 wood and 20 degree hybrids so that made for a full set and fit my gaps well.  I would imagine CAZ has similar fillers at both ends of his new set, as well.

Ted, I've done almost the same thing to fill my gaps with my set.  My set came with a 4 iron and i intended to use it.  but i already had a 23* hybrid (not Titleist) that i used to replaced the 3 iron from my previous set.  I liked the gap between my new 5 iron and my hybrid, so I dropped the 4 iron without ever actually hitting it.  I already had a driver and 3 wood , so I debated a long time on a either a 5 wood or 20* hybrid. I went with the hybrid and love the results.  Now I just need to add wedges to finish the bottom or my set.  My only regret, if I knew I was never going to use the 4 iron, I wouldn't have spent the extra money for one.

•  

TNT009

And frustrating! ;-)

•  

TNT009

i use to think the same.  but i gave that up this year.  now that companies are coming out with players clubs that are forgiving (i.e. AP2s) i doubt i'll ever go to MBs or CBs, at least for anything above a 7 iron.

however, i completely agree with you on their looks!

•  

NCBob
    Every one getting new tools.  My fitting is Nov 8.  I guess I am a little slow.

Bob, I am being fitted on Oct 31st so I am slow also! LOL

• 5030 points

I'm so, so jealous!

•  

MB's are the best clubs by far when you are swinging well.  But when your off, they will announce it to the world.

TT

• 1664 points

We got our demo models in at the course I work at and I have hit every possible combination we offer.  I like the AP2 with the XP95 shaft also, and will be putting in an order in the coming weeks.  Was nice to be able to hit the AP1, AP2, and CB models and compare side by side for what I liked the best.  I am ready to get them in the bag and start off 2014 with my one goal of getting down to an 8 handicap.  Only 6 points to go, so this will be fun.  Hope you enjoy those sticks ChuckZ, and post up some pics when you get them so we can all ooooh and aaaaah like new parents.  hahahahaha

• 1763 points

Well said etakmit, I can justify even more if they can guarantee shaving at least 4 strokes, then I'm on board. HA!

•  

CTiger
    We got our demo models in at the course I work at and I have hit every possible combination we offer.  I like the AP2 with the XP95 shaft also, and will be putting in an order in the coming weeks.  Was nice to be able to hit the AP1, AP2, and CB models and compare side by side for what I liked the best.  I am ready to get them in the bag and start off 2014 with my one goal of getting down to an 8 handicap.  Only 6 points to go, so this will be fun.  Hope you enjoy those sticks ChuckZ, and post up some pics when you get them so we can all ooooh and aaaaah like new parents.  hahahahaha

Talked to a couple of touring pros today at the ProAm Jam at Daniel Island and they could not say enough good things about the new AP2s.....both had them in their bags.....they keep talking about how sweet they hit and long.......daddy going to be happy.....YES

• 1550 points

Just hit them!!  I will be ordering mine!