Forums

New Clubs Ordered

•  

My friends at my local golf shop called today to say they had the Titleist 714 demos in and asked if I was ready to be fitted.  So off I went to their store and ordered my new 714 AP2s.  I thought about purchasing a mixed set but after hitting the AP2s and AP1s, I found the AP2s to be more consistent and actually longer.  Excited, yes I am....will be more so, when they are shipped on November 1st....purchased the new XP95 shaft stiff, with midsize grips. 5-PW.....

•  

Good to hear, I too got fit this week, I ordered a mixed set of 714s MBs and AP2s with KBS tour shafts, I too can't wait for them to arrive

•  

Cole, that is a pretty strange mix. Usually we see CBs mixed with AP2s....

• 1181 points

Sounds great Chuck, I look forward to a review.

•  

Exactly what I was going to say Rick. Cole, I gotta ask what made you go with that mix, if you don't mind me asking?

•  

cwaybright
    Good to hear, I too got fit this week, I ordered a mixed set of 714s MBs and AP2s with KBS tour shafts, I too can't wait for them to arrive

Ordering mine today.  AP2's with DG S400's  5-PW.  Love the KBS Tours, but wanting to lower my flight a bit more.

TT

•  

Glad to see the orders coming in.  I am sure you will all be very happy with your sets.  

My guess on Cole's order is that he likes the feedback and control on the MB's.  I had the MB's and really did enjoy the feel, but when I missed a center shot, boy you can tell.  I wasn't playing enough to keep them in the bag and decided to go back to my AP2's.

• 4178 points

ChuckZ
    My friends at my local golf shop called today to say they had the Titleist 714 demos in and asked if I was ready to be fitted.  So off I went to their store and ordered my new 714 AP2s.  I thought about purchasing a mixed set but after hitting the AP2s and AP1s, I found the AP2s to be more consistent and actually longer.  Excited, yes I am....will be more so, when they are shipped on November 1st....purchased the new XP95 shaft stiff, with midsize grips. 5-PW.....

Did they guarantee 3 strokes on your score card? I'm curious what did you fill the gap between Driver and 5 iron with? I see guys going back to woods. I have seen several 7 woods lately.

• 2435 points

Just had my fitting Saturday , ordered the AP1  with the XP 105, S300 shafts. It was my first fitting for irons. It was pretty neat  I got to view  my kick angle,tempo and release factor . It was a blind fitting and the API 1 and the Mizuno JPX 925 numbers were what suited me best . Naturally with that info Titleist was the way I went.

I can't wait to get them now, first week of November is what it looks like for delivery.

• 3700 points

Aww man now you guys have me wanting to give the APs a try!  Can't justify it as my set is only 2 summers old now (I mean I CAN justify it - as with any golf purchase - I just SHOULDNT).

•  

MarkWDallasTx
    ChuckZMy friends at my local golf shop called today to say they had the Titleist 714 demos in and asked if I was ready to be fitted.  So off I went to their store and ordered my new 714 AP2s.  I thought about purchasing a mixed set but after hitting the AP2s and AP1s, I found the AP2s to be more consistent and actually longer.  Excited, yes I am....will be more so, when they are shipped on November 1st....purchased the new XP95 shaft stiff, with midsize grips. 5-PW.....

Did they guarantee 3 strokes on your score card? I'm curious what did you fill the gap between Driver and 5 iron with? I see guys going back to woods. I have seen several 7 woods lately.

Mark, when I picked up my 712 AP2s just after they came out, I went with 5-GW, adding two Vokey SM-4 wedges at the low end.  At the top, I replaced my 4 iron with the 910h 24 degree hybrid.  I already had functioning 3 wood and 20 degree hybrids so that made for a full set and fit my gaps well.  I would imagine CAZ has similar fillers at both ends of his new set, as well.

•  

MarkWDallasTx
    ChuckZMy friends at my local golf shop called today to say they had the Titleist 714 demos in and asked if I was ready to be fitted.  So off I went to their store and ordered my new 714 AP2s.  I thought about purchasing a mixed set but after hitting the AP2s and AP1s, I found the AP2s to be more consistent and actually longer.  Excited, yes I am....will be more so, when they are shipped on November 1st....purchased the new XP95 shaft stiff, with midsize grips. 5-PW.....

I have a 17 (713H) and 19 (710H) degree hybrids......with the XP 95 shafts I was hitting the 6 iron ( which is set at 30 degrees and 1/2 inch longer shafts) AP2s in the 180s on center hit shots with club head speed of 110 to 115....actually hit a couple 189.......not bad for an old guy......these clubs are awesome........think they will take some getting used......my off center shots were traveling good distance as were my fat shots.....but did not get the clunky feel or sound.......as the fitter said, just need to slow down my backswing as well as keeping my backswing on line.....don't think anyone will guarantee strokes off your card.....but since I have been playing with my current AP2s I have dropped from a 12 to a 9......am counting the days and is looks like a lot of us are.....they indicate I should have mine by November 5th....already sold the old AP2s....taking them to Memphis to my brother in law at Christmas.....

•  

Every one getting new tools.  My fitting is Nov 8.  I guess I am a little slow.

•  

Rick, Mike, Boston hit it on he head,  wanted the precision with scoring clubs and more forgiveness in the longer irons, I liked the CBs but the feel with the new ap2s was great

• 4638 points

None of you will be disappointed with the AP2s...!!