Forums

Fall Golf

•  

I love fall golf too. I don't play as much in the summer, because in Texas, it can be miserable.  However, fall golf is great (except for the shorter days).  I love playing on Saturday afternoons and checking on college football scores between holes.

• 4131 points

shaun13
    MarkWDallasTxshaun13It is that time of the year again here in the Midwest where the air is starting to get crisp and the leaves are falling. I think golf in the Fall is my favorite time, because it gives you a chance to look back at the year and remember all the great (and not so great) times on the course.

Playing year round would be fantastic, but I have to say that knowing the clubs will soon head inside makes me slow down and really enjoy these rounds. Hope you all get to enjoy your Fall rounds as well.

Shaun,

You are welcome to come down and play in Dallas anytime you get cabin fewer. We get to play here pretty much year round. I need a couple of weeks to schedule rounds and time away from work.

Mark

Mark,

I use to travel to Dallas for work and have had the chance to play both the Tribute and Stone Brier courses, you guys have some great tracks!

So that means we can expect you in a month or so?

The Tribute is one of my favorite courses. The Old American is a new sister course to the Tribute. It is a great course but it is a bit long for me. Not as much fun as The Tribute.

• 4617 points

Fall on Cape Cod cannot be beaten! The courses are empty or at least enjoyable. Weather has been beyond stellar this fall. Here's a little bit of heaven...ten minutes from a local course...

When the goldenrod is blooming, fall is here..allergy sufferers beware!

•  

shaun13

It is that time of the year again here in the Midwest where the air is starting to get crisp and the leaves are falling. I think golf in the Fall is my favorite time, because it gives you a chance to look back at the year and remember all the great (and not so great) times on the course.

Playing year round would be fantastic, but I have to say that knowing the clubs will soon head inside makes me slow down and really enjoy these rounds. Hope you all get to enjoy your Fall rounds as well.

Thank you, Shaun!

I think I know what you mean as the golf season winds down. . .  Slowing down and enjoying quality rounds are precious.  Have a nice autumn golf out there.

• 847 points

Fall is my favorite time of the year.  The leaves in the rough make it tough to find a ball sometimes, but the combo of the leave turning and the briskness of the air make up for it.  Having just come back from MN last weekend, I am looking forward to fall coming to PA.

•  

I would love it here in Oregon but Japan sent the remains of a Typhoon back across the pacific and the storm that went through dumped well over 7 inches of rain in less then a week, pretty much turning great golf courses into mush. It feels like February here in the beginning of October. The game of lift clean and place has started a month early :(

•  

It is absolutely gorgeous in Kansas City. Morning lows high 40s and low 50s, afternoon highs in the 70s. I played at Shadow Glen today, one of the best courses in town. I played really well, which helped -- but it was just one of those perfect days on the course that fills a golfer's heart with joy to be able to play this great game.

•  

golfchick
    It is absolutely gorgeous in Kansas City. Morning lows high 40s and low 50s, afternoon highs in the 70s. I played at Shadow Glen today, one of the best courses in town. I played really well, which helped -- but it was just one of those perfect days on the course that fills a golfer's heart with joy to be able to play this great game.

Sounds like a day to remember to get you through the winter. Glad you had a great day!

•  

We get the best course conditions Sept/Oct so I love fall golf.

•  

Great Thread!  I used to live in Phoenix and while it was beautiful year round for golf, it is nice to have a change of season...unfortunately we cannot leave out winter! LOL

• 2631 points

For me Fall in New England is the best time of the year for golf. If only the leaves and pine needles would fall in the woods and not on the greens and fairways.

• 3688 points

zacho
    For me Fall in New England is the best time of the year for golf. If only the leaves and pine needles would fall in the woods and not on the greens and fairways.

I debate every year about sticking a broom in my golf bag to clear the greens off!