Forums

Team Titleist Outings This Fall

  •  

    Looks like a great time in a few weeks.

    Can't wait to see some old friends and meet some new ones.

    TT

  •  

    WOW, LOOKS LIKE TEAM ACUSHNET IN TEXAS. MY WIFE IS COMING WITH ME. WE HAVE TWO DAUGHTERS AND TWO GRANDKIDS LIVING IN AUSTIN,,,SO WIFE WILL BE WITH THEM WHILE I'M HITTING 'EM IN THE WOODS. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU FOLKS.

  •  

    Well, as the Texas event draws closer, we're looking at some iffy weather.  Current forecast calls for cool temperatures and 60% plus chance of rain/thunderstorms on Wednesday.  This will be a good day for us to display our FJ rain gear.  Looking forward to seeing fellow FJA's memphisunited, OUTIGER, FredCloss, DOGLOSKI, and Tyler Highley.  Wow, at least 6 FJA's at this Titleist event!  Don't forget the cameras, guys.

  •  

    We could just pretend we are in Ireland and then we can consider this type of weather near perfect golfing conditions.  Alternatively, we could look at it as 60% chance of rain means a 40% chance of no rain!  Being a newbie to the FJC, I look forward to meeting some of you later this week.

    • 306 points
    • Posts: 2
     

    Just joined over on this side but I'll be at the Texas event at Wolfdancer. Looking forward to it!

  •  

    TNT009
    Hi Todd,

    Thanks for the post. Just to clarify, only a few invites have been sent out.

    We will be extending a limited number of invites to Team Titleist members for the different events. We'll do our best to include as many people as possible but we won't be able to invite everyone.

    As always, the more you participate and the more engaged you are with Team Titleist, from posting in the discussions and adding blog comments, the more likely you potentially open the doors to these Team Titleist opportunities.

    And remember, to complete your profile on Team Titleist to ensure your name gets into the pool of potential invites.

    Hope this helps clarify.

    Cheers,

    Mike

    Mike DePaolo

    Team Titleist Manager

    Todd...don't know anything about the invites...I'm really not too much a regular on the TT site, probably why I don't hear too much about events like this...probably would be lots of fun...

  •  

    I'm in Austin tonight.  Looking forward to the week.

    TT

  •  

    Let us know how it goes! Should be fun!

  •  

    have fun guys! i'm sure it will be a blast.

  •  

    Just back from a terrific day at Wolfdancer Golf Club, Hyatt Lost Pines Resort, outside Bastrop, TX. Fifteen of us were hosted to golf, drinks, and lunch by Titleist. We also were introduced to the new Titleist 714 AP-1 and AP-2 irons and had plenty of opportunity to try them out, both on the range and during our round. Renewed some older acquaintances (DOGLOSKI, Fred Closs, OUTIGER, and Tyler Highley)  and made new friends (including memphisunited). The Titleist folks from Massachusetts were friendly, interested, and engaged. Pretty typical for the folks from Acushnet. We also had the local Titleist rep and his technical person to help us with the club trials. All in all a very good day, despite the changeable weather: drizzle, then sun, then a cold front moving in with 20+ mph winds and much cooler temperatures.  I just wish there had been some way to spend more time interacting with the other Team Titleist folks.  Oh, well, I'm playing with one of them next week so that may give me that opportunity.  Photos later, if suitable.

  •  

    Sounds like a great time at Wolfdancer...how was the course...?

    • 1362 points
    • Posts: 303
     

    I'm glad it was fun regardless of the cold wind. It's great to see that these Team Titleist Events have sparked off more casual golfing and outings amongst FJC and TT members.

  •  

    The TT outing in Austin was a blast.  It was good to meet a lot of the folks on the TT and FJC and put a face with a name.  There was quite a good turnout of the FJ Ambassadors at the event!  We were able to enjoy all 4 season's weather in a single round and some were even able to break out their FJ rain gear!  Great event put on by the folks at Titleist.

  •  

    Sounds like a great event, congrats to all who got to go.

  •  

    Here are a couple of photos for the Community.

    Front Porch of Club House

    Early morning, Wolfdancer and Hyatt Lost Pines Resort.

    Mike, Liz, and Joe (from Titleist HQ) preparing for the event.

    Tyler Highley and OUTIGER.

    Set up at the range.

    11th hole from the white tees.

    12th hole, with Hyatt Lost pines Resort in the distance.

    Wolfdancer sunset.

    Beautiful sky to end the day.