Forums

Excessive posting to become a FJA

•  

The FJ staff does an outstanding job of controlling these issues.  I have not really noticed any abuse of posting lately. Everybody has their own opinion of what a meaningful post is so I would just let the staff take care of it.  No reason to come on here for a witch "hunt".

TT

• 2883 points

I find this interesting.  Is it better to achieve FJA thru participation or thru buying My Joys?  a purchase of a pair of My Joys is 500 points which takes over 160 posts at 3 points each.  FJ may appreciate the purchases as it is $$ in the corp pocket so to speak however I personally believe that participation is more interesting.  Yes some posts may not appear relevant to some but those can be easily be ignored.  I would hope (as I thought it might be)  that this is a welcoming community open to newer participants.   I am many years away from even dreaming of FJA status and my participation is that i like the shoes and find them comfortable to wear as well as they look good.  I enjoy seeing the various new shoes people have purchased and post pics of as it gives me some ideas.    I also hope that my posts are welcome and in someway contribute positively to the FJ community.  

•  

OUTIGER
    The FJ staff does an outstanding job of controlling these issues.  I have not really noticed any abuse of posting lately. Everybody has their own opinion of what a meaningful post is so I would just let the staff take care of it.  No reason to come on here for a witch "hunt".

TT

We have had issues with this in the past that far exceed what anyone is currently doing.  I have no issues how anyone is currently posting.  

•  

golferdrmjr
    I applaud your respect for the effort to become an Ambassador. Personally, when I finally decided to join in the fun of the Community, I made it a point of not answering threads that I had nothing useful to add. When someone asks a question, they don't want to hear "Well I don't have an answer to you question, but...". Nothing builds respect faster than nicely written, well though out, relevant to the thread answers.

As to your question about the line, I believe you have already discovered where it is. :-)

Thanks for caring,

Don

+1

If you don't have something to add to the conversation don't comment just for the sake of commenting.

Re: achieving FJA by buying shoes vs. comments is tough one. But it seems like the points distribution does make a nice trade off between the two.  For most buying your way to the top is just not feasible (just like in life). So "hard work", year after year, is the only way to nirvana ( or an FJA outing).

• 4690 points

Devin_Gmitter
    OUTIGERThe FJ staff does an outstanding job of controlling these issues.  I have not really noticed any abuse of posting lately. Everybody has their own opinion of what a meaningful post is so I would just let the staff take care of it.  No reason to come on here for a witch "hunt".

TT

We have had issues with this in the past that far exceed what anyone is currently doing.  I have no issues how anyone is currently posting.

I guess I have to try harder to get on your naughty list eh?

• 3592 points

I am sure everyone would eventually love to become a  FJA  but as someone previously mentioned , " " and I am sure the moderators will weed out "  if anyone is doing anything not in good standing.

If someone needs to get to the status where they post things just for the sake of posting then they have issues no moderator can fix.

•  

Adam, this is a very savvy group here at FJA. Those that have been around are pretty quick to figure out the serial posters and toss them some verbal barbs. Most see that when they are discovered, then the posts pick up in quality, or some have even dropped off.

Be positive and put honesty and integrity in your posts. Be productive and you'll see how the rest flows from that spirit of community.

• 1686 points

Thank you Tar Heel... That has been my intent from day 1 of being a contributing member of this community.

I had a read a specific post from a member that really had nothing to add to a thread but it upped the post count so it made me wonder and prompted me to start this thread.

Thank you guys for the clarification!

• 1686 points

It doesn't seem as if my thread was effective.... oh well

I tried

• 3592 points

ADAM62482   All you can do is try, just enjoy the site and contribute to it as you see fit.

As Tar Heel said just post honestly and in good conscience.

•  

Stay true to yourself in your quest. Post solid comments and observations. You're doing fine so far, and you need to stay the course.