Forums

Practice putting greens

•  

I would love to have one but space is a factor. Being able to work on consistency would be huge.

•  

noeldaof
    tdogg21

Does anyone have any practice putting greens at home? Are they indoor or outdoor? I'm thinking about building one and was looking for ideas.

www.footjoy.com/.../9938.aspx

Time and time again a need to practice putting does come around as well as to build something at home to either cut some travel time, or whether it is to have in a convenience of indoor to keep away from the cold weather.

Yes, it is getting close to that time again when it will be cold for me to stay outside in the cold windy days.

Above is the link to an old thread about a great find for my indoor putting green.  By far the by far the best "fitted" speed green, economical, and works well.

Enjoy.

i'm actually considering that company for an indoor mat.  unfortunately, the room i use to use for putting is no longer available to me.  so i'm trying to find a different spot in the house.  i'm really starting to look at an outdoor green.  i could probably get a solid 9 months of use out of it and as my kids get older, i think it's something else for them to use.  but the cost is high enough to make me have to think about it.

•  

noeldaof

tdogg21

Does anyone have any practice putting greens at home? Are they indoor or outdoor? I'm thinking about building one and was looking for ideas.

www.footjoy.com/.../9938.aspx

Time and time again a need to practice putting does come around as well as to build something at home to either cut some travel time, or whether it is to have in a convenience of indoor to keep away from the cold weather.

Yes, it is getting close to that time again when it will be cold for me to stay outside in the cold windy days.

Above is the link to an old thread about a great find for my indoor putting green.  By far the by far the best "fitted" speed green, economical, and works well.

Enjoy.

i'm actually considering that company for an indoor mat.  unfortunately, the room i use to use for putting is no longer available to me.  so i'm trying to find a different spot in the house.  i'm really starting to look at an outdoor green.  i could probably get a solid 9 months of use out of it and as my kids get older, i think it's something else for them to use.  but the cost is high enough to make me have to think about it.

================================================

Outdoor greens are nice and adds to the yard aesthetics. . . have you considered the garage?  TarHeel gave me that idea (in the other thread).

Good luck on the outdoor greens.

•  

nope....not going in the garage.  garage space is sacred ground in my house.  as much as i'm a golf nut, i'm equally a Corvette junkie.  the garage is strictly reserved for my cars and tools.

•  

tdogg21
    nope....not going in the garage.  garage space is sacred ground in my house.  as much as i'm a golf nut, i'm equally a Corvette junkie.  the garage is strictly reserved for my cars and tools.

Are you drooling over the new Stingray? I am!

•  

fredcloss
    tdogg21nope....not going in the garage.  garage space is sacred ground in my house.  as much as i'm a golf nut, i'm equally a Corvette junkie.  the garage is strictly reserved for my cars and tools.Are you drooling over the new Stingray? I am!

yep!  saw a bunch of them in person the other week and they look better in person than they do in pictures.  i have a friend with one on order.  i'm hoping he gets it before it gets too cold here so i can drive it!

•  

tdogg21

fredcloss
    tdogg21nope....not going in the garage.  garage space is sacred ground in my house.  as much as i'm a golf nut, i'm equally a Corvette junkie.  the garage is strictly reserved for my cars and tools.Are you drooling over the new Stingray? I am!

yep!  saw a bunch of them in person the other week and they look better in person than they do in pictures.  i have a friend with one on order.  i'm hoping he gets it before it gets too cold here so i can drive it!

Nobody likes Corvettes more than me, but I'm disappointed with the new look. Can't stand the rear end view, the taillights look like the Camaro's, which I dislike. I'm sure it's a better car, but it just looks too busy. Few new cars look as cool as a C6 Z06 or Grand Sport, I'm not sure the C7 versions will impart the same feel. Time will tell.

•  

golferdrmjr
    tdogg21

fredclosstdogg21nope....not going in the garage.  garage space is sacred ground in my house.  as much as i'm a golf nut, i'm equally a Corvette junkie.  the garage is strictly reserved for my cars and tools.Are you drooling over the new Stingray? I am!

Nobody likes Corvettes more than me, but I'm disappointed with the new look. Can't stand the rear end view, the taillights look like the Camaro's, which I dislike. I'm sure it's a better car, but it just looks too busy. Few new cars look as cool as a C6 Z06 or Grand Sport, I'm not sure the C7 versions will impart the same feel. Time will tell.

after seeing it in person, i don't agree with the taillights comment.  i originally felt that way, by if you look at them, they look completely different.  i heard the reason they went with those taillights, but i forget what i was.  there was something that essentially "forced" them to go that direction.  in person they really don't look bad.  and the rest of the car is a beast!