Forums

Titleist 2014 Accessory Catalog

•  

What do you think about the new Lightweight Staff Bag?

• 1393 points

the staff stand bag is pretty nice but it looks heavy. overall, very nice looking stuff.

•  

It's not as heavy as you think...

•  

That's good to know...I thought it would be a lot heavier

•  

In the catalog it didn't appear to be  any heavier than the standard carry bags.. Now the lightweights were a different story..

•  

The staff stand bag is 6.0 lbs. and the lightweight stand bag is 5.2 lbs.  These both seem pretty reasonable as far as weight is concerned.

•  

9.5 staff bag or 10.5?

•  

Mike_C
    The staff stand bag is 6.0 lbs. and the lightweight stand bag is 5.2 lbs.  These both seem pretty reasonable as far as weight is concerned.

I think the biggest difference will be all the stuff people will cram into their bag.  0.8 lbs is barely anything, but once you stuff the extra pockets with extra stuff, it'll be a lot heavier.  The lightweight cart bag is also 6 lbs, but I guarantee if you took the average cart bag and the average stand bag off the course and weighed them, the cart bag is going to be heavier when fully loaded.

I guess what I'm getting at, if you're that worried about weight, focus more on what's in your bag than the weight of the bag.  Now with that said, good for Titleist to offer such a great and full featured bag while keeping the weight low.

•  

When I got my Sun Mountain Hybrid bag, I put my Ogio bag on the scales to see the difference. The Hybrid is 6 pounds and the Ogio bag was 9 pounds. But there was also 6 more pounds of junk that had accumulated over several years, Yikes! Really like the SM Hybrid bag, works great.

• 1652 points

I am working a deal with my head pro to get the Staff Stand bag for free.  Might have to remove some tile from his house, but a days work for a new bag is a good trade in my book.  And some other good stuff in there as well.  Might even get a couple of the new style umbrellas, so I can look good both on and off the course in the rain.

•  

CTiger
    I am working a deal with my head pro to get the Staff Stand bag for free.  Might have to remove some tile from his house, but a days work for a new bag is a good trade in my book.  And some other good stuff in there as well.  Might even get a couple of the new style umbrellas, so I can look good both on and off the course in the rain.

that sounds like a good trade to me!  if i can sell my current (unused) hoofer stand bag, I'm going to pick up a new carry bag this winter.