“Loose impediments’’ are natural objects, including:

stones, leaves, twigs, branches and the like,

dung, and

worms, insects and the like, and the casts and heaps made by them,

provided they are not:

fixed or growing,

solidly embedded, or

adhering to the ball.

Sand and loose soil are loose impediments on the putting green, but not elsewhere.

Can you imagine solidly imbedded DUNG??!

And how do you deal with loose impediments?

Rules of Golf:

23-1. Relief

Except when both the loose impediment and the ball lie in or touch the samehazard, any loose impediment may be removed without penalty.

If the ball lies anywhere other than on the putting green and the removal of aloose impediment by the player causes the ball to move, Rule 18-2a applies.

On the putting green, if the ball or ball-marker is accidentally moved in the process of the player removing a loose impediment, the ball or ball-marker must be replaced. There is no penalty, provided the movement of the ball or ball-marker is directly attributable to the removal of the loose impediment. Otherwise, if the player causes the ball to move, he incurs a penalty of one stroke under Rule 18-2a.

Uh oh, Pete, are you one of those guys who calls in rules infractions on the Tour?

• 5037 points

golfchick
    pistolpeteLoose impediment Rules of Golf: "Loose Impediments

“Loose impediments’’ are natural objects, including:

stones, leaves, twigs, branches and the like,

dung, and

worms, insects and the like, and the casts and heaps made by them,

provided they are not:

fixed or growing,

solidly embedded, or

adhering to the ball.

Sand and loose soil are loose impediments on the putting green, but not elsewhere.

Can you imagine solidly imbedded DUNG??!

And how do you deal with loose impediments?

Rules of Golf:

23-1. Relief

Except when both the loose impediment and the ball lie in or touch the same hazard, any loose impediment may be removed without penalty.

If the ball lies anywhere other than on the putting green and the removal of a loose impediment by the player causes the ball to move, Rule 18-2a applies.

On the putting green, if the ball or ball-marker is accidentally moved in the process of the player removing a loose impediment, the ball or ball-marker must be replaced. There is no penalty, provided the movement of the ball or ball-marker is directly attributable to the removal of the loose impediment. Otherwise, if the player causes the ball to move, he incurs a penalty of one stroke under Rule 18-2a.   Uh oh, Pete, are you one of those guys who calls in rules infractions on the Tour?

Uhmmm, lemme see....call in RULES INFRACTIONS??! Noooo...I know my place in the golf hierarchy..Perfectly content to watch the pros play without picking up the phone and calling...um, who exactly do you call to report a rules infraction? Net work commentators?  "Mr. Miller please. John? Joe Q. Public watching the tournament. Love your stuff John! Hey - Did you see T*ger kick his ball out onto the fairway/?! Clearly violated Rule 233.44 sub section 4 paragraph 3  which states that T*ger cannot kick anything other than his golf bag after a Foley fan off of the tee..." John?John? What are you going to do? John? Are you there John?"

•  

Something tells me the producer of the video was being humorous, not serious. for what it's worth, Pulplvr (Ted) tried this while we were play golf with Nelbass (Sammy) two days ago. the shot hopped and went right in. It was hilarious!

•  

Yes, Pete & Fred, it was a parody -- they really didn't intend for anyone to take it seriously. But it's good to know that our Ambassadors are up to the task and tried it -- and that it worked!

• 859 points

A buddy at work sent this video.  Too funny, although tough on the green.

•  

Thank goodness for ball mark repair tools.

•  

golfchick
    Great trick, thought I'm not sure the superintendent will approve.

www.youtube.com/watch

Told our superintenent about it and it is difficult to put in words the look I got from him.  I tried it today on the 18th green and it works.  Of course I repaired the ball mark, I always carry a repair tool.  cz  : )