Forums

Training aids

• 4925 points

Chris92009
    The perfect putting line is a great putting feedback tool...to ensure your putting stroke at impact is square to your target...inexpensive ($39, you can discounts online) and you get immediate feedback plus you can use it indoors and outside...IMHO

Nice tool.  Just watched the video of it in use and it seems pretty useful. You can certainly achieve the same thing by putting down a chalk line -- but this is more convenient.

• 2752 points

Mainly tour sticks and tees..........the Golf Channel Acadamy App for swing recording as well.

• 4180 points

Tour sticks for me.  Other than that its lessons.  Mainly to fix problems that crop up.  I figure I can do myself a world of bad trying to fix myself :)

•  

I just ordered the putter wheel. It should arrive any day now. I tried it out at the PGA superstore and it was amazing. It gives you instant feedback on your putts.

•  

i've played around with the iPing app.  it's free for the iPhone and i made my own mount.  so for about $5 total, i've got a nice putting analyzer.

• 4925 points

tdogg21
    i've played around with the iPing app.  it's free for the iPhone and i made my own mount.  so for about $5 total, i've got a nice putting analyzer.

Finally tried out the iPing app. Made my own mount as well and it works pretty well. The only downside is the overall weigh that phone/mount adds. That said, it's nice to get some details about my swing path, loft, lie, tempo. Can't complain with free.

•  

I love my putting surface- I have it indoors.  During winter, I get to use it more often.

• 661 points

I use alignment sticks, but I am looking at the Zepp Golf Sense.  Has anyone every used one of these before?

•  

Noel which one do you have

• 1869 points

Pony
    MarkWDallasTxWhat are your favorite training aids?

Mine are alignment sticks and impact tape.

Instead of impact tape try Dr Schols  powder foot spray.  just spray it on and will show you impact areas.

Dry erase marker works very well too.  

•  

bholley

Noel which one do you have

I got mine from birdieball.com.

www.birdieball.com/.../prodView.asp

It's a 4x13.5.

•  

Thanks I have heard good things about them. Do you have it over a carpet or a solid floor?

• 478 points

Alignment Sticks for me

•  

bholley

Thanks I have heard good things about them. Do you have it over a carpet or a solid floor?

Oh, they really are good, Bruce!

It works best on solid floor.  I have it on a wood floor, it's a single layer.

The speed on mine can be varied between 10-11.  I think you can order them to go as fast as 11-12 and down to 9-10.  

Also, those guys are good to work with.  They'll cut it most any way/size you want.

• 4925 points

noeldaof
    bholley

Oh, they really are good, Bruce!

It works best on solid floor.  I have it on a wood floor, it's a single layer.

The speed on mine can be varied between 10-11.  I think you can order them to go as fast as 11-12 and down to 9-10.  

Aso, those guys are good to work with.  They'll cut it most any way/size you want.

Thanks for this link!  I just finished watching their videos and it seems really great. Very cool that you can change speeds and breaks. I tend to miss lot's of right to left putts on the low side and would love to have this as daily practice green.

Will the turf hold up to small chip shots?