Forums

Craziest thing to happen to you on the course?

•  

I have seen some crazy thing happen to other people on the course. One round a buddy got a double eagle with the help of the cart path and a tree.  Was with one guy who on a par 3, skulled his tee shop, skipped the ball off the water, bounced it off a rock and left it 3 inches from the pin.

Personally, I had a wild turkey steal my ball off the middle of the fairway up in Door County, Wisconsin. Then in the same round, had to tee off on a par 3 over a ravine that had a group of whitetail deer as a gallery.

Any other golf stories out there?

•  

Once again, nothing too extreme or exciting other than always seeming to find someone elses divot in the fairways. 

Boring golf life for me....

•  

We were playing a par 4. I was back about 110 yards on the side of a small hill out of sight to the players on the left. I hit a nice high wedge right at the pin . Unbeknownst to me one of our group about 70 yards away on the left  hit right after I did. His bladed shot was destined to go multiple yards over the green until it struck my ball midair while descending almost directly over the hole.

The collision caused my ball to ricochet into the sand trap. His ball dropped straight down about 3 feet from the hole. Thankfully he missed the putt.

•  

fishbone0600

I have seen some crazy thing happen to other people on the course. One round a buddy got a double eagle with the help of the cart path and a tree.  Was with one guy who on a par 3, skulled his tee shop, skipped the ball off the water, bounced it off a rock and left it 3 inches from the pin.

Personally, I had a wild turkey steal my ball off the middle of the fairway up in Door County, Wisconsin. Then in the same round, had to tee off on a par 3 over a ravine that had a group of whitetail deer as a gallery.

Hey Fishbone looks like we won the craziest thing contest. The Packers are playing the Titans tonight how about a beer on the game, but I need points?

•  

Crazy. The guy who  was told over the loud speaker to return to the White or Black tee station from the red T location  to T off  several times and ignored the announcement. When approached by the course marshall he informed the marshall he was hitting his second shot. Don't laugh, it was my brother-in-law. Happened on a course near us and of which he is now a member. Course and name withheld to avoid laughter and embarrassment

•  

Hate to admit it, but both my wife and I are "wanted" by the DNR for knocking off a goose and duck respectively in two different years.

My wife hit a perfect 5 wood with a little draw right into the middle of a fairway full of geese, next thing we hear is the awful sound of a goose squawking for life, by the time we drove out there, this goose was dead.  My wife was so mortified she left her ball there and made me go to the next tee.

A year later I hit an awful "shank" which skipped off the water and hit a duck, deja vu sound from the duck and I skipped that hole to play the next.

•  

Mondo

Hate to admit it, but both my wife and I are "wanted" by the DNR for knocking off a goose and duck respectively in two different years.

My wife hit a perfect 5 wood with a little draw right into the middle of a fairway full of geese, next thing we hear is the awful sound of a goose squawking for life, by the time we drove out there, this goose was dead.  My wife was so mortified she left her ball there and made me go to the next tee.

A year later I hit an awful "shank" which skipped off the water and hit a duck, deja vu sound from the duck and I skipped that hole to play the next.

Sounds like hte birds should stay away from you and your wife! JK.

I had the same thing happen to me with a duck, but thankfully it took off just before the ball got to it.

•  

bholley

fishbone0600

Hey Fishbone looks like we won the craziest thing contest. The Packers are playing the Titans tonight how about a beer on the game, but I need points?

Whats your flavor? Sorry, no points. It will be interesting to see who's 3rd string is better, mine or yours. Half of the starters for the Packers are not even playing tonight. But still, it's Green Bay Packer football, so I'll be watching all 4 quarters.

•  

Fishbone quote "Whats your flavor? Sorry, no points. It will be interesting to see who's 3rd string is better, mine or yours. Half of the starters for the Packers are not even playing tonight. But still, it's Green Bay Packer football, so I'll be watching all 4 quarters."

With Vince Young being the back up I would say the odds are in your favor. When he flunked the Wonderlick Test every one thought it might be flawed. I guess the Wonderlick people showed us

•  

Mondo

I was playing with this older guy who short hopped a shot right into the Canadian Goose"s neck. As he was standing over the deceased I said, "I started to yell DUCK but I don't think he would have understood me." Turned out the guy fed them. They recognized his cart and where coming over for a treat. Need less to say he did not see the humor in my pun.

•  

fishbone0600

bholley

fishbone0600

Whats your flavor? Sorry, no points. It will be interesting to see who's 3rd string is better, mine or yours. Half of the starters for the Packers are not even playing tonight. But still, it's Green Bay Packer football, so I'll be watching all 4 quarters.

Well Fishbone after watching the game last night I can honestly say I know less than when the preseason started. But with Pittsburgh and New England on the schedule it might be a long season for the Titans

•  

I find now that when my wife and I play golf together, I make sure we have masks in our golf bag so in case it happens again we can put them on and anonymously leave the course.

•  

I was playing in a tourney, my partner was our club president.  He told me a story about a dog which stole a member's ball in a tourney a few years before.  The golfer it happened to had told me before but I wasn't sure if I believed him.  A few holes later, the tourney was over and I went back out to play 9 with a guest who had just come into town.  On that same hole, the dog in question ran out and took my ball.  I went to the house he was at and a big party was going on.  The dog's owner, a man in his late 70s, told me Callaway balls were the only one that his dog couldn't chew up (mine was one and looked like a green super ball with the cover off of it).  We traded him two beers for the ball.

Last weekend, my father-in-law was playing the course for the first time and I told him this story and... you guessed it,,, the dog took his ball.  It was actually hilarious, he took a drop and the dog almost took that one too!

I can still almost not believe it but it's all true