Forums

Tiger at the Barclays

•  

As I sit and watch Tiger on the 72nd hole at the Barclay's with a 8 footer to tie the lead and the 2 leaders in the sand in the fairway.

I ask the question.

Is there another golfer on tour that can play as poorly as Tiger Woods has played the first 2 rounds in a tournament with the top players in the world all competing, and have the mental toughness to make a run to the leader board? Even if he doesn't win because he missed his putt, he still put himself in the position to win. It is almost as if his will to win influences the ball to go where he wants.

Is Tiger part robot and part Jedi?

•  

fishbone0600

As I sit and watch Tiger on the 72nd hole at the Barclay's with a 8 footer to tie the lead and the 2 leaders in the sand in the fairway.

I ask the question.

Is there another golfer on tour that can play as poorly as Tiger Woods has played the first 2 rounds in a tournament with the top players in the world all competing, and have the mental toughness to make a run to the leader board? Even if he doesn't win because he missed his putt, he still put himself in the position to win. It is almost as if his will to win influences the ball to go where he wants.

Is Tiger part robot and part Jedi?

I don't think there is anyone that can play poorly and still contend other than TW.  I mean, I get into a tournament, if I play poorly the first two days, the wind is out of my sails and I let it get to me.  Tiger can block it all out and get done what he needs to do.

It's incredible that one person can have that much determination and mental toughness.

•  

I think he has the most underrated short game even if you say he has the best short game I do not think it does him justice and this is coming from a non-groupie